• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

lost ship

ebewil

Landlubber
I docked my ship on a beach in bermuda and made my way to shipyard through a cave and the jerk locked the door behind me at is tryn to charge me $20000 to open it!!!! how do I get my ship back?

Unfortuneately the only way back to that particular beach without a ship is through the shipyard. Do you have a save before that? Looks like you will have to give him the 20k. If you don't have it you can rob stuff from the houses. You have the option when staying the night in the tavern of not paying by sleeping somewhere else when he asks for the 5 gold. It will take a while, but you can raise the amount with patience. :shrug

MK

Unfortuneately the only way back to that particular beach without a ship is through the shipyard. Do you have a save before that? Looks like you will have to give him the 20k. If you don't have it you can rob stuff from the houses. You have the option when staying the night in the tavern of not paying by sleeping somewhere else when he asks for the 5 gold. It will take a while, but you can raise the amount with patience. :shrug

MK

While it's easy to avoid this by saving often, it's still a serious beginners trap.

I do like to save often (not just quicksave) no matter what game i'm playing, but I don't think every player has the same mentality. Some players may only use quicksave or play with hardcore mode, so they may possibly lose many hours of playing if they load a savegame. While 20k isn't that much for experienced player but for beginner it is.

You could always buy a tartane and go to your ship, but you have to have at least one officer on board the other ship. Then sell the tartane again, I'm sure your loss will be minimum

my character keeps saying "I need to summon my ship back to the dock" whenever he talks to a merchant. Is there a way to do that?

I do have a saved game but it was saved just b4 pirates are boarding my ship and they keep killin me

Ok you might need to use the cheats then. Open Age of Pirates 2\Program == _mod_on_off and look for the following line of code.
Code:
#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE			"Off"  // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

and change it so it reads.

Code:
#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE			"On"  // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

Now load your saved game and go into options, hit the tab maked reset to default or what ever it say's. This will set all controls back to vanilla settings so be warned. Now resume the game and press F11 look for god mode in the list and click on the button it say's to activate it, F1 to F30 i think they go up to. Its one of them, exit cheat window and no one can kill you. Personally you shouldn't use the cheats but sometimes you have no choice. Have a few more save files next time and save often, everytime before leaving a port is what i do and it helps a lot. I have 5 save slots used, 2 for ports which i rotate and 2 for world map which i rotate and the last is for when i'm on land (i don't save much on land) i'm normally at sea but thats in case i have to do something or go out and need to save asap.

Back