• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Lots of Skills - No perk points?

Fleebusia

Sailor Apprentice
Can anyone offer some insight into why some characters don't acquire perk points at the same rate as others?

I'm vaguely aware that characters will earn perk points relative to their Talent coefficiency. What I don't understand is how some characters have less perks per skill point vs someone with the same Talent. Similarly, some characters have less health despite having more Endurance irrespective of level. I don't have Retroactive perks on so I doubt its that.

In my current game I recruited 5 fighters ranging from lvl 1-3 with the sole intention of levelling them up manually. Now at around lvl 8-12 I'm noticing some strange disparities that don't make sense to me. This guy for instance has 245 skill points but only 5 perks unlocked whereas I can find recruits with 191 skill points and 8 perks with a lesser Talent stat.

On my own character I have identical Talent level but have unlocked more perks despite having less skill points. I did set experience to absolute minimum in game creation but I don't see how that would matter since it should be universal. I was also under the impression that officers unlock skills faster than the PC.

z0sOTcE.jpg

Back