• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Lowcharacters on shipdecks

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
I want to use lowcharacters on shipdecks (just staying there) but it doesn't work at all as they are characters = have skeletons.
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the skeletons in the TOOL so I can use some of these guys?
Or is it a return jorney to Maya?

Hmm. Maybe try Character > Unbind?

OK. Try saving it as a VRML file, then open that file and save it as a GM file again. I think that should lose the skeleton and animations.

I have tried that too. That use to be the case when I want to add things to a character model.

Have you tried using Character > Unbind, and then saving as VRML, opening that and saving as GM again?
When I try that, the character at least remains fixed in his pose when I click Animation > Start (which, apparently, is the same behaviour as other non-rigged models, including masts).

Hmm, the prodedure removed the skeleton in the TOOL. But if I try to add the model
to a shipdeck it's still counted as a character. I can also in the TOOL see the skeleton if I first
press Cycle Animation.

I leave this for now. (And hopefully wait for the tutorial import/export to Maya)

Oh, the Maya tutorial is pretty much finished. I just haven't included techniques to check that an export was successful, or how to export a ship with all its locators.
It should be plenty enough to import/export a Lo_Man model (and the OBJ export surely must remove all traces of bone information).

Give it a try if you want, and post in the tutorial thread if you need help.

Back