• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Loyalty

Ok... I have played this game hundreds of hours so far and my officers morale has always been all over the place. This is the first time I actually realised that the officers have different personalities... Well looks like La Putain Rouge now needs couple of new more bloodthirsty deck officers... :)

Ive been looking into this. Obviously, curtain events have curtain effects on officer loyalty. You have spoken about that alot. It is obviously part of the game and is more realistic than have no loyalty fluctuation at all.

Anyway, I tend to grasp on to what ever lead i can get. Whilst sifting through the code of the 'officers.c' file in the 'GameDir/Program/scripts' folder. I found this nugget (at the end of this post). Im not sure what it all means. However, It does point to officer reactions to the players actions. Dictating a point gain like system. Its the best lead ive found so far.

I have moded the last bit to this in my game:-

Code:
        if (_vote < 0) return 0;

else if (_vote > 0) return 0;

return 0;

To my best guess (so far). This makes all events that effect the officers loyalty as "on par" (neutral). I am not sure if that means that the officer loyalty will revert to neutral/normal or just not move from where it is. Or if it even works.

Code:
// determine how majority of your officers react on your last action,
// excluding quest offs, regular sailors, prisoners, quest passengers, convoy captains
// return 0 = officers opinion on par, -1 = majority against captain, +1 = majority for captain
int DetermineMajorityReaction(string action)
{
    int iP, iC;
    int _vote = 0;
    ref companion;

//Trace("LOYALTY_MOD: action: " + action);

// loop over passenger list
    for (int io = 0; io<GetPassengersQuantity(pchar); io++)
    {
        iP = GetPassenger(pchar, io);
        if (iP != -1)
        {
            if (CheckAttribute(characters[iP], "loyality"))
            {
                if (!isOfficerNeutral(&characters[iP]))
                {
                    if (getOfficerAlignment(&characters[iP]) == action) _vote++;
                    else _vote--;
                }
            }
        }
    }

// loop over companion list
    for (int i=1; i<COMPANION_MAX; i++)
    {
        iC = GetCompanionIndex(pchar, i);
        if(iC != -1)
        {
            companion = GetCharacter(iC);
            if (CheckAttribute(companion, "loyality"))
            {
                if (!isOfficerNeutral(&companion))
                {
                    if (getOfficerAlignment(&companion) == action) _vote++;
                    else _vote--;
                }
            }
        }
    }

//Trace("LOYALTY_MOD: value of vote: " + _vote);

// determine result: 0 = officers opinion on par, -1 = majority against captain, +1 = majority for captain
        if (_vote < 0) return -1;
    else if (_vote > 0) return 1;
    return 0;
}

loyalty and rep are a pain in the a$$, i had my rep as trusted sailor and turned over a captured pirate to french gov (im sailing under french colors) and my rep went all the way to swindler,....seriously? this is only part of the game that basically sux. SMH!

Perhaps the governor was a PIRATE himself! *Gasp*:cheeky Nah I'm simply joking' though that is unusual turning in a pirate to a governor and losing rep. points..Hmm..

:nogood this doesnt have to do with loyalty, but, the night before i had transfered all my maps into the room to the left in the wardroom, and now the door is closed? wth? i got to go to belize to get the plans @ the shipyard and cant get my map....
start2012-10-2001-19-51-05.jpg

do you still hav ethe same ship? are you in the same location that you were in when the door was open, sea. port etc?

before i did the patch when i was still playing the "old" version, those doors never opened day or night, but now with the new mods the left door is only open @ night, the right door is open i think during the day, havent gone back to the ward room in a couple of days to check.

WTH??? my rep went from "Man of Honor" to "regular sailor" in one battle, when i was attacking a spanish patrol., i do gov' missions, on time, church missions and others like that and still my rep is screwy, high one min, then very low the next. :walkplank

WTH??? my rep went from "Man of Honor" to "regular sailor" in one battle, when i was attacking a spanish patrol., i do gov' missions, on time, church missions and others like that and still my rep is screwy, high one min, then very low the next. :walkplank

Sometimes attacking, killing, boarding, stealing, sinking, maiming, enslaving, looting, raping, inprisoning and other things to people isnt always percieved as good. have you sunk a ship that may have surrendered etc. if so then you need to stop plundering like a pirate and start selling goods like an upstanding merchant. :rofl. Seriously though. Sometimes sinking ships isnt a good thing even if they attacked you

ships never surrender to me, i ONLY attack spanish, they used to in the "ole" game, but now, every boarding action i have to fight to the last man, then i check the 9 doors for trinkets, after that fight the capt., defeat him and then transfer ship cargo, to mine, or leave as is if mine is too full, add an officer to it, and then sail it to the nearest safe port, sale the goods, then go to shipyard, repair all and sell them (leaving mine of course). my officers are devoted, so i dont have a problem with them. and my ship has a max crew of 656 so i set it as 650 so no mutiny will occur.

:ship

Back