• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Main Quest Barbossa still on French beach

Landlubber
Title header says it all.
After doing some of the side quests (Slave/Jocard, Bodyguards/Church, free the pirates brother on Cuba), I decided to pick up the main quest again.
Barbossa is still standing on the beach and is not in Tortuga tavern. And he just gives the standard dialogue.
Is there any fix aside from returning to a previous save?

Oh and I tried returning to Light House Bay on Barbados.
Becket is also still standing there, not doing anything at all.

Edit: I obviously had my first encounter with Davy Jones.

I think those ( Barbossa on Beach & Beckett at Lighthouse bay ) are just bugs where the models are not removed from the location after you have met them and played that part of the story. I don't think they interfere and break the quest. :shrug

After you meet Davy Jones & get the Black Pearl back - Barbossa should be in the Tortuga Tavern - in the corner to your left as you enter, partly behind the fire with the roasting pig.:yes

:duel:

I think those ( Barbossa on Beach & Beckett at Lighthouse bay ) are just bugs where the models are not removed from the location after you have met them and played that part of the story. I don't think they interfere and break the quest. :shrug

After you meet Davy Jones & get the Black Pearl back - Barbossa should be in the Tortuga Tavern - in the corner to your left as you enter, partly behind the fire with the roasting pig.:yes

:duel:

He should be, but he isn't. I can post a screenshot.

Try going back to an earlier save - sail to Tortuga - and see if that causes him to appear.

:shrug
I know that is the ultima Ratio, I hoped there would be some way to avoid it.
Is there any new content/quest avail. Or is Lucas and his love affair still the last quest?

Is there any new content/quest avail. Or is Lucas and his love affair still the last quest?

Rescuing Lucas has a follow on quest ( Rescuing Justine Le Moigne ) - starts 3 months after Lucas joins your crew as an officer ( he talks to you on shore and asks to go and see his girl) - not sure if you have done that.

From the list in the first post you seem to have done all the Pirate Lord Side quests ( Sao Feng - Jocard - Siri Sumbahajjee )

Have you done the one with Capt Chevalle rescuing his crew and the follow on quest with Villanueva ( finding the treasure ) ?

If not go and talk to Capt. Chevalle - he should be in Port au Prince tavern.

Then I think you will have done it all.

:read

Rescuing Lucas has a follow on quest ( Rescuing Justine Le Moigne ) - starts 3 months after Lucas joins your crew as an officer ( he talks to you on shore and asks to go and see his girl) - not sure if you have done that.

From the list in the first post you seem to have done all the Pirate Lord Side quests ( Sao Feng - Jocard - Siri Sumbahajjee )

Have you done the one with Capt Chevalle rescuing his crew and the follow on quest with Villanueva ( finding the treasure ) ?

If not go and talk to Capt. Chevalle - he should be in Port au Prince tavern.

Then I think you will have done it all.

:read
Well, did the Justine quest back then (2 or 3 years ago I think), but could not port at the last location (after Havanna I think), as soon as I entered the shores there game crashed, but I could sail around elsewhere and enjoy my Ship getting sunk by the Kraken.

Capt. Chevalle actually did that. But this time, I can't get the Villanueva quest started. (not a big deal did the silver train mission on Isla Muelle back then, too). But Chevalle does not run off at Tortuga after I rescue his crew and his right hand man.

Well, there were some Stories I did not play back then. "The Hornblower tales" and "Master and Commander" stuff.
And I aborted the Assasin I think, in sheer frustration over the flooded Dungeon. :')

But I enjoyed that Portugese story immensely, whoever wrote it. Kudos. I just remember there being a bug with a Silent NPC on a beach at some point, but there also being a bug fix given here. So I actually finished that stuff.

Well anyway, Just picked up the Hoist teh colour stuff, to see if I can finish the Justine quest this time. But I am kinda too lazy to redo the pirate lord sidequests again.

Hum, on a seperate note, I noted that my melee skill seems to be frozen at level 3 with 34% progress or so. And I only kept on gaining defense skill for fencing my way thru enemies. Not a big issue, since a fully repaired Nicolas Sharp sword is doing enough damage. :)

Capt. Chevalle actually did that. But this time, I can't get the Villanueva quest started. (not a big deal did the silver train mission on Isla Muelle back then, too). But Chevalle does not run off at Tortuga after I rescue his crew and his right hand man.

You have not played the part where Barbossa maroons you for the 1st time in the main story - after you take him to the Isle de Muerte - you cannot start Villanueva side-quest until after this .
If you have not done Looking for Cortez Treasure then on Tortuga jetty Chevalle will say “ Talk to someone else Captain” - Go to tavern and talk to Barbossa .

Also different things will also happen at the end of the Villenueva quest if you play Villaneuva before you play the Curse of the Black Pearl ( film ) part of the main story.

Well, there were some Stories I did not play back then. "The Hornblower tales" and "Master and Commander" stuff.
And I aborted the Assasin I think, in sheer frustration over the flooded Dungeon. :')

The flooded dungeon in the Assassin story should now be fixed ( flodding removed in Beta 2.2) - Master & Commander has no Story - it is totally freeplay.

:pirates

You have not played the part where Barbossa maroons you for the 1st time in the main story - after you take him to the Isle de Muerte - you cannot start Villanueva side-quest until after this .
If you have not done Looking for Cortez Treasure then on Tortuga jetty Chevalle will say “ Talk to someone else Captain” - Go to tavern and talk to Barbossa .

Also different things will also happen at the end of the Villenueva quest if you play Villaneuva before you play the Curse of the Black Pearl ( film ) part of the main story.

The flooded dungeon in the Assassin story should now be fixed ( flodding removed in Beta 2.2) - Master & Commander has no Story - it is totally freeplay.

:pirates

Ah heh, ok, did not know I needed to be marooned by Barbossa before I could start the Villanueva (silver train) quest. But since Barbossa is still on the French beach and not in Tortuga tavern, and since I am too lazy to check for an old save and redo the side quests again, I won't play it this time. Been a while since I played it, and doing it mostly by memory.
Played or tried a lot of the stories. If the flooded dungeons are fixed now, I might give the assassin another try.

Back