• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Main Storyline Danielle Bug

OK, I think I can see what's happening. Danielle is supposed to assign herself as an officer when you meet her in San Juan, and is supposed to be unremovable so you can't unassign her. That should mean she's always around when you need to talk to her for quest purposes.

Somehow she's managed to be unassigned anyway. Some sidequests assign officers to you, but as far as I can tell from your questbook, you haven't done any of those. But you have hired some extra officers, whether from tavern or from street walkers, and when you hire one of those, he goes into a random slot. So my guess is that when you hired an officer, he went into slot 1 and displaced Danielle.

I've an idea about sorting out random officer hiring to attempt to prevent this, as it has the potential to foul up other storylines as well. But for now, try this version of "quests_reaction.c". Download it and put it in "PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests". It includes a check, when you go to the lighthouse, to see if Danielle is an officer. If not, it assigns her as one, then puts her on the beach so you can talk to her. That ought to take care of the problem regardless of how Danielle managed to get unassigned. I've tried it using your savegame.

Hey. New to the forum and having the same problem. Danielle is stuck in the passenger menu and I can't interact with her. This fix didn't work for me. Deleted the old version of "quests_reaction.c" and replaced it with this new one. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other work around? I killed off the other officers so that she is the newest passenger. I had loads of them so it was quite a bloody purge. Don't know if that's helped or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hey. New to the forum and having the same problem. Danielle is stuck in the passenger menu and I can't interact with her. This fix didn't work for me. Deleted the old version of "quests_reaction.c" and replaced it with this new one. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other work around? I killed off the other officers so that she is the newest passenger. I had loads of them so it was quite a bloody purge. Don't know if that's helped or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Killing the other officers wouln't help. The problem is not that they exist. The problem is that when you recruited one of them, he replaced Danielle in your active party - the three officers who join you ashore or in boarding actions. Once Danielle is out of the active party, you can not re-assign her.

You should replace "quests_reaction.c" with that new one, and then load a savegame from before you sailed back to the lighthouse. Then sail to the lighthouse, and if Danielle still does not show up, post the file "compile.log" here.

Back