• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Making AoP2 City of Abandoned ships work!

BarbarosaArosa

Landlubber
Ive downloaded AoP2 City of abandoned ships and installed it onto my windows 7 system. Through ISO it made a virtual K drive for game. But when i click to open game it just asks me for disk?? I have no disk, thats why the K drive is there?? Another time it has opened the initial window where i selected play - it just closed the window and nothing happened...... I played this game years ago and love it. Ive also got Patch and MOD files ready to install, but i cant even get the main game running...! Can anyone help a desperate wannabe pirate!??!

my computer.png

Ive downloaded AoP2 City of abandoned ships and installed it onto my windows 7 system. Through ISO it made a virtual K drive for game. But when i click to open game it just asks me for disk?? I have no disk, thats why the K drive is there?? Another time it has opened the initial window where i selected play - it just closed the window and nothing happened...... I played this game years ago and love it. Ive also got Patch and MOD files ready to install, but i cant even get the main game running...! Can anyone help a desperate wannabe pirate!??!

You need certain files to enable the game to be played without the disk - normally the game requires the disk to run.

Check the posts in this thread - they might help.

http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/working-aop2-no-cd-crack-not-image-mount.17607/#post-395062

:drunk

The game is ok now (kind of). It seems to be Windows7 incompatibility. I then tried to use the incompatibility troubleshooter - which then tries to use Xp service pack 2. But then I experience invalid paths? I then downloaded service pack 3 but it wouldn't install via win7???

You are using Win7 with only 2gb of memory. Most likely AOP2 is crashing because it is running out of memory. I am using Win7 64 bit and it is using 2.67gb of memory just sitting here.

Oh.....I see.... Well at the moment there's not even a sniff of Vanillia, cus it stops loading at start up. Please check out my screenshot in my earlier post (something to do with DX8RENDER.dll??)

Win7 64 bit uses a lot of memory. You have the 32 bit version which uses less, but I do not know how much less.

Look in your Task Manager and find out how much memory you are using. Hit alt-ctrl-delete to enter it and then choose "Performance" to find out how hard your computer is working.

I just ran the ERAS mod for a bit and it seems to use 300-400mb of memory as near as I can tell. So the total used on my system was just under 3 gb of memory.

Back