• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Making the Effect of Poisoned Items "Stack"

Do you think this is a good idea?

• Total voters
I still would like to add this. I think it would make poison much more interesting.
Personally I still think it would be better to remove the "time" all together for poison and only have a poison "value" which can stack.
This value is for example how much HP you lose per second. So say 1 hit by a poison item would only make you lose 1 HP per second which isn't that bad. but if you get hit again a few times it could end up being 5 HP per second which is a real problem :p.

also I noticed the curare by @Jack Rackham which at the moment is hard coded in the game. This is a slower poison which I think does stack on normal poison. This could in that case be added a lot easier, and different kind of poison could do different damage.

That is indeed pretty much what I had in mind as well.
Certainly would make sense to me. :yes

so I would like some more comment on this if possible because I still prefer to add this to the mod before the public release

If you do, please make sure that NPC's know how to take their medication. I've given all my officers antidotes and never yet seen them use one. They get poisoned, accept the damage, and in due time the poison effect goes away. If poison stacks then they're liable to die if they don't know what antidote and mixture are for.

If you do, please make sure that NPC's know how to take their medication. I've given all my officers antidotes and never yet seen them use one. They get poisoned, accept the damage, and in due time the poison effect goes away. If poison stacks then they're liable to die if they don't know what antidote and mixture are for.
They should be able to use it. But I believe they will only use it if theire HP drops below a certain threshold, can you confirm this for me @Grey Roger ?

No. As I said, the poison eventually stops having an effect anyway. Officers use bandages, as well as cauterizing pans when I have enough of them to hand out, but I've never yet seen one use an antidote.

Hmmm they do have this code in place ..
Code:
if(CheckAttribute(chr, "chr_ai.poison"))
    {
        if(LAi_GetCharacterRelHP(chr) < 0.8)
        {
            //Levis:
            btl = FindAntidoteForCharacter(chr);
            DoCharacterUsedItem(&Characters[sti(chr.index)], btl);
        }
    }

So it seems something is going wrong here ... I will make a bug tracker issue so I remember to check this

so I would like some more comment on this if possible because I still prefer to add this to the mod before the public release
I like the idea and do believe it makes sense to do it.

It is also VERY low priority.

Back