• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Malcolm

manXman

Landlubber
Can anyone tell me what I must have done to upset "Malcolm".....he used to be waiting patiently in Oxbay, always ready to help out :d: when :d: I got into trouble!
Now he seems to have taken offence and just struts around not even speaking to me :?

he used to be my friend:d::

I think he has nothing more to do with game after the tutorial at begaining of the game , who need him anyway :d:

:d: Officepuppy: Rep at present is Hero

:d: PirateSam: He's been helping right through and after completion of the main quest (Build 11)

Wonder if he got killed and I missed it :d:

Ah don't worry, you won't really need him much - if you have any questions about sailing & such, just come here! :d:

And if you want some assistance "in game", go to Redmond and find a guy named Rys Bloom walking around the port - help him, don't help him, but you can ask him questions about sailing...

Hi Cat, It's not that I need his help.....I just want to know what's happened to him?

I finished the main quest days ago and he was still there after completion, so I think he must of got killed while watching my back :d:

I think he's supposed to be "immortal", but maybe that changes after you complete the main quest? :d: I don't know. Hadn't really noticed this before.

Heh, I think one of the English tailors was selling his outfit, so you could buy it for one of your officers and have him around all the time! :d:

Check in the Oxbay dungeon, maybe Malcolm went in there to smuggle something! :d:

Maybe he couldn't bear to be left alone after been with you for long time so after he been abanoned he took a tough decition and ....... !! you know what . :d:

:d: PirateSam, and welcome aboard! I should open up my eyes more often - just noticed you are a newcomer! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :?

We're glad you're here, and hope you decide to come back to these fair waters often! :d: :d:

He's been mortal since, um, some time. :]
So you can kill him, actually, to do the "kill the tutor" quest. Which doesn't really work anyway. Anyhow...
Can't recall if he's still set to reincarnate, tho'...

Thanks Catalina , I realy like the forum . It is very informative espacially for pirate games which am big fan of . :)

The last two games that I started did have an immortal Malcolm generated near the Oxbay shipyard but under a different name :cheers

It is him as he has got Malcolm's dialog where he gives you sailing tips. I know that Malcolm dies as I kind of wanted some extra sword practice :)

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Once you've done that, go to QC and the abandoned house, be given a gift.[/quote]Hummm... Never tried that, LOL... Seems the last time I "killed the tutor" I was locked out of every place on Oxbay and I couldn't leave... BUT... I think that was `pre-ANY` build... :woot

But the problem with killing Malcolm is that your rep drops so low that the storeman won't serve you so it's a few trips out in the jungles helping some maidens before you can carry on at Oxbay.

I tried it last night and Malcolm did reincarnate and reappeared just inside Oxbay and carried on with the tutorial when I get the option to train with him :woot
I didn't mind as usually train with him anyway to get the level up as changing the level in BuildSettings.h results in me having no XP and the HP of a level 1 character, I'm not sure why as it does seem to work OK for other people.

Sirus: Interesting. It _should_ autocalc XP.
{checks}
Yep, it should if your rank is > 1.

HP will be set weird for the tut, but once you finish the tut it should be OK.

Rico: Go to QC. Go ashore. In the clearing, turn _right_ instead of left to go to town.

Also, I'll check rep and turn down bad rep changes for now.

Back