• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Man o war ?

You had 42lbs cannon now? Sometimes when you gain the new ship, it may have 8 lbs cannons but it can take e.g. 20 lbs cannons. If you buy 20 lbs cannons and you'll claim it's not enough you can sail to Bermuda and increase caliber of cannons at shipyard but there's one thing which sometimes can be annoying. You can increase cannons there from 18lbs to 20lbs, from 24 lbs to 28 lbs, etc but you can't do it from 16 lbs to 32 lbs. So if you aboard one good frigate but it may take only 12 lbs, you will increase it just to 16 lbs.

I found USS Constitution which had 12 lbs but could have taken 24 lbs. I sailed to Bermuda and incrased caliber from 24 to 28 lbs.
I increased also holding space and space for crew. My ship has got 56 x 28lbs cannon, can take 499 sailors, over 6600 of holding space and maximal speed over 12 knots but due the fact I usually take a lot of merchandise, it's about 10.7 knots.

However, I don't like huge ships. I can have some 2nd lineships but not more. I like heavy frigates, etc. They're strong, fast, can take many sailors. You won't give away if 6 ships attacks you.

But it seems I will have to take some ships of the line because I do english quest and I'll have to attack the city soon.

Back