• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Map with towns?

lukemax

Landlubber
Hi all

Does a map exist of the world of AOP with all the town names on, atm im a bit bamboozled without a map!

Thx
Lukemax

The manual states you can press "U" on the map to get a paper map but it does not seem to work, I'll give "M" a try. Sometimes I find myself having to save, quit and then look in the Program folder and look up the nations to find out what town is in what island. For example Brigetown in Barbados.

<!--quoteo(post=163736:date=Sep 26 2006, 04:10 AM:name=Ropblad)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ropblad @ Sep 26 2006, 04:10 AM) [snapback]163736[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
the manual have nothing to do with the game
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I don't know. Yeah, it was dead wrong about "U" being the key for the map. I just read that you can actually press F3 to engage an enemy vessel from far away as soon as it comes into range. After you enter the sea view, you can press F3 again, and the enemy ships are gone!!! This has saved me so much headache. All I had to do was read the manual through completely. Now if I could just get better info how to fight during a boarding. (I watched 3 enemy crew hack down a dozen of my men. I don't know if they were the enemy's officers or what?). I thought it was pretty strange.

<!--quoteo(post=163658:date=Sep 25 2006, 08:58 AM:name=lukemax)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lukemax @ Sep 25 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]163658[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Hi all

Does a map exist of the world of AOP with all the town names on, atm im a bit bamboozled without a map!

Thx
Lukemax
<a href="http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8423" target="_blank">http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8423</a>

<!--quoteo(post=163812:date=Sep 25 2006, 07:00 PM:name=ScottsBlood)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottsBlood @ Sep 25 2006, 07:00 PM) [snapback]163812[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Now if I could just get better info how to fight during a boarding. (I watched 3 enemy crew hack down a dozen of my men. I don't know if they were the enemy's officers or what?). I thought it was pretty strange.

that means that your crew have low skill and moral the skill is gained by time and fighting
the best way is to fight the enemy crew together with your men and hire fighter officer
and the men who defeated you were not officers

Back