• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mary Wood

freaker

Landlubber
Every single time I go to the Tortuga Tavern I see a beautiful woman named Mary Wood and when I try to talk to her she says I'm not good enough. Is there some kind of quest later when I raise level with this woman?

Every single time I go to the Tortuga Tavern I see a beautiful woman named Mary Wood and when I try to talk to her she says I'm not good enough. Is there some kind of quest later when I raise level with this woman?

:yes

She is a captain - and will offer to join forces with you - with conditions.

On which level do I get the proposal from her?

I think this is the code from the Mary Wood Dialog.c file that controls this:

Code:
If (Pchar.nation == PIRATE)
{
if (makeint(pchar.rank) > (makeint(Npchar.rank)/10))
{
if(GetNationRelation2MainCharacter(FRANCE) == RELATION_ENEMY)
{
dialog.snd = "Voice\HAAU\HAAU001";
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT[2];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[3];
link.l1.go = "begin";

What it means - I don't know :shrug

That would be the code :yes

It basically means: Your level has to be a least 1/10 of her level (so if she is level 20 you would need to be level 2) and you need to be an enemy to France (so standard storyline [which I have done it for] is the storyline that is easiest to make it happen)

is that the same npc alais gonse also? ive seen her there also each time i talk to her im force to kill her and i level like crazy each time i hit her, its either she's crazy or just plain brave to attack me with my 3 officer that are combat types O_O

though i wasnt a pirate but a corsair for Portuguese bartolome story line

After you killed her the first time, next time she'll have a different name.

Yep she is a non quest character who regenarates... quest characters who die and regenarate keep their name where as non quest characters get a random name from their nationallity :yes

oh, too bad she's a pirate i only accept officer from the same country of my main character i use, oh well i can buy her costume anyway :)

btw i decided to raise my pirate flag and recrute her for some expedition.... she's lv 331 while i was lv 60+ O_O

Back