• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Master and Commander sequel

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
Some of you may have seen this. In December, Russell Crowe talked about a Master and Commander sequel.

Quote from Wikipedia:

"Director Peter Weir, asked in 2005 if he would do a sequel, stated he thought it "most unlikely", and after disclaiming internet rumors to the contrary, stated "I think that while it did well... ish at the box office, it didn't generate that monstrous, rapid income that provokes a sequel."[8] However, early December 2010 Russell Crowe launched an appeal on Twitter to get the sequel made: “If you want a Master and Commander sequel I suggest you e-mail Tom Rothman at Fox and let him know your thoughts”.[9]

In 2007 the film was included on a list of "13 Failed Attempts To Start Film Franchises" by The A.V. Club, noting that "... the Aubrey-Maturin novels remain untapped cinematic ground."

Here's the story.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/russell-crowe-asks-fans-to-demand-a-master-and-commander-sequel-22046.html

Bottom line is that the Crowe-meister is asking fans to write the CEO of Fox and tell him they would like a sequel. I thought what better place than this site to reach devoted fans of the movie that would love to see a sequel. I wasn't able to find his e-mail, but below is a recommended method by a couple of film sites to get the message across. Let's tell him we want it to happen Mates!

20th Century Fox Theatricals
ATTN: Tom Rothman (Master and Commander 2)
P.O. Box 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900
foxmovies@fox.com

MK

Indeed! While the movies we got were great, they barely scratch the surface of what is in the books.
And they amazingly expanded the FIRST (of eleven) books into FOUR movies! And then the next two books became FOUR movies too.
Then there's still the (VERY GOOD!) old film that covers three books on its own.
But that still leaves four books completely unfilmed. (I'm not counting one of the books because the story was unfinished. :( )

i want to see jack in the corsair surprise stories.... or better, the story of the LEOPARD! that could be a very good moovie, with the wanzeikeegen (that's the name?) the 72-gun ship that, thanks to a shot to a mast, wrecks in african coast....

Back