• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Medieval Dynasty

Has anyone tried this yet?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Game is in early assess mode. There are some game was in early assess mode but they never release full version.
It is best to wait. They still have to add horses. Without horses medieval themed 1st person game is useless.
Another one will give early access soon, 'Wild West Dynasty'. Horses, cowboys, gunslingers etc. That would be more interesting.

I've discovered this Medieval-themed RPG on Youtube in one of ESO's game reviews.
It looks interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what they think about it. :checklist
Looks interesting, I will be waiting and see how the game development progresses.

Game is in early assess mode. There are some game was in early assess mode but they never release full version.
It is best to wait. They still have to add horses. Without horses medieval themed 1st person game is useless.
True, waiting to see how it will progress is wise. :yes

I wouldn't call a medieval game without horses useless, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for example doesn't have horses and it is played in first person by most people.
Gothic I/II (Plus Risen 1) and Witcher 1/2 are really good medieval themed games with no horses, though they are 3rd person.

But then again I do really like horses, so it is something I would really like. :onya

Another one will give early access soon, 'Wild West Dynasty'. Horses, cowboys, gunslingers etc. That would be more interesting.
Also there is Red Dead Redemption with this theme, but 3rd person.
I haven't tried it, but @Pieter Boelen has played at least part of the second game.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for example doesn't have horses and it is played in first person by most people.
Gothic I/II (Plus Risen 1) and Witcher 1/2 are really good medieval themed games with no horses, though they are 3rd person.

I did not played Elder Scrolls, Witcher or Gathic. Actually don't like magic themed or creatures or zombies themed game much.
Previously played Serious Sam(old one), HOLO (old one) and a zombies game (cant remember its name now). Damm they are keep coming & keep coming...
They made me feel ill suited. Maybe will try Gathic some day. But without horse means have to move around the hole map by foot, which I don't like xD
Having a horse is good feeling, at least you are not alone in the wild :D
Its no matter for 1st/3rd person for me actually. POTC is 3rd person itself. Opposite of that, I would not want to play Call Of Duty in 3rd person mode either.

Also there is Red Dead Redemption with this theme, but 3rd person.

I really want to play Red Dead 2. There is a big but... to much space required. For installation files & game (PC version). And I don't have that space. In external hd it will be slow too. I don't have playstation nor I want right now. So if want to play BUT I can't :(

I would not want to play Call Of Duty in 3rd person mode either.
I wouldn't want to play that period. :rofl

I really want to play Red Dead 2. There is a big but... to much space required. For installation files & game (PC version). And I don't have that space.
It really IS massive. Size-wise.
I have it on the PS4 and I haven't yet thought of how to free up enough space to allow it to install the update.
So I just ignore it and assume that for offline playing, it doesn't matter...

In external hd it will be slow too.
Also if it is an SSD external HD; rather than a regular disc one?

I did not played Elder Scrolls, Witcher or Gathic. Actually don't like magic themed or creatures or zombies themed game much.
Yeah, if you don't like magic then they are not the best games for you.

Previously played Serious Sam(old one), HOLO (old one) and a zombies game (cant remember its name now). Damm they are keep coming & keep coming...
They made me feel ill suited.
I did try Halo a couple of times, wasn't for me. :no

Maybe will try Gathic some day.
If you do, make sure it is Gothic 1 or 2.
3 is mediocre, and 4 is awful from what I have seen.

But without horse means have to move around the hole map by foot, which I don't like xD
In the map in Gothic, all though really open, is not that big; so it's not as much of a problem. ;)

Having a horse is good feeling, at least you are not alone in the wild :D
Yep, I really liked when I saw that you have a horse in Witcher 3.
It gave a sense that no matter what happened, you will always have one companion in Roach (the horse's name). :)

Its no matter for 1st/3rd person for me actually. POTC is 3rd person itself. Opposite of that, I would not want to play Call Of Duty in 3rd person mode either.
Yep, some games are designed to work in this way, most of the time if you change that you will get a worse experience.

I really want to play Red Dead 2. There is a big but... to much space required. For installation files & game (PC version). And I don't have that space. In external hd it will be slow too. I don't have playstation nor I want right now. So if want to play BUT I can't :(
Yep, 150GB I think. o_O
Though if you really want to play it, and your PC can handle it (except the space), then I would just get a bigger internal HDD.
A PlayStation would much more expensive.

Also if it is an SSD external HD; rather than a regular disc one?
I will be faster than a traditional external HDD for sure.
But you still have the limitations of USB.

It would probably be closer, but it still will be slower than SATA 3 I think.
Plus I think that SATA has more consistent performance.
There must be a reason internal devices don't just also use USB.

Will it be playable though?
Maybe, I haven't tried playing a game installed on an external device.

I wouldn't want to play that period. :rofl
I didn't like COD Morden Warfare story. It's always someone or some nation is culprit and other one is so good. What I do like the gameplay. Solid shooting/action adventures. COD 1, 2, World at war, WWII are fine.

Also if it is an SSD ex

SSD is fast but costly for me now. And smaller ssd is no good choice. Need more spacious one.

If you do, make sure it is Gothic 1 or 2.

Will try someday.

then I would just get a bigger internal HDD.
A PlayStation would much more expensive.

Yes that's a good idea. C drive itself need like 1tb if they made such huge games. They maybe put some unnecessary things too to make the game big.

I will be faster than a traditional external HDD for sure.
But you still have the limitations of USB.

Absolutely right.

SSD is fast but costly for me now. And smaller ssd is no good choice. Need more spacious one.
Yep, as fast as SSD is, HDD is still much better in how much space you get for your money.

Yes that's a good idea. C drive itself need like 1tb if they made such huge games. They maybe put some unnecessary things too to make the game big.
My guess is really high resolution textures, and detailed models.
But 150GB is very large! :shock

Witcher 3 is around 50GB I think, and since I have a mod for better textures it also takes another 9 or so GB.
And W3 is not a small, nor an ugly game either.
w3.png

It would probably be closer, but it still will be slower than SATA 3 I think.
Plus I think that SATA has more consistent performance.
There must be a reason internal devices don't just also use USB.

Yes SATA is much faster than USB. Internal things are faster than external. Internal SSD memory is faster too.
Using USB will cause PC hang, performance problem. Same goes for running high end software through USB external.

Yep, as fast as SSD is, HDD is still much better in how much space you get for your money.

Yes, that's right.

My guess is really high resolution textures, and detailed models.
But 150GB is very large!

Yes it maybe for high resolution & texture. But as you can see Witcher 3 using high resolution, texture and details too. But smaller.
I think they using extra things. Its like hike for the game and force to gamer to buy more & more new hardware. More like psychological matter.
And multi-language files take big space too.

Yes it maybe for high resolution & texture. But as you can see Witcher 3 using high resolution, texture and details too. But smaller.
I think they using extra things. Its like hike for the game and force to gamer to buy more & more new hardware. More like psychological matter.
And multi-language files take big space too.
Yep, maybe the game has more languages preinstalled.
Another thing that may play part is how many models there are.
Maybe there are many character models that they use, for example.
They could indeed have another motive, but I usually see this with GPU/CPU manufacturers, not with storage.
Or it's just not optimized that well in this regard.

At any rate, many of these questions may be answered if we play the game. ;)

Another is, in game cinematics.
They can take some space too depends on how many of them & how long. In older games they take less space.
Yep, especially prerendered ones. :yes

Yes that's true. But not for me now. Maybe year later. But I'll play.
Waiting for such things never hurts, if anything you stand to get a better price.

I probably will try RDR don't know when because I have some games that I haven't yet played, so I too will not be playing soon.

Theoretically I could too free up some space, after there is plenty of spare space in a 1TB HDD, if it's not loaded already.
My problem is that I mod.
So whenever I think of uninstalling a game I then think that it may prove useful in modding. xD

Theoretically I could too free up some space, after there is plenty of spare space in a 1TB HDD, if it's not loaded already.
My problem is that I mod.
So whenever I think of uninstalling a game I then think that it may prove useful in modding. xD
Seems I got the numbers mixed up, I have more free space than what I thought.
So if I wanted I could install RDR2. :facepalm

Plus I have an outdated extra install of PotC: NH, maybe it is time to delete this anyway.

Back