• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Melee in 1st Person?

justin hawkins

Landlubber
Hi guys, anyone know how to disable the camera switching to 3rd person while fighting? I had this working on POTC, however I cant find the source anymore that told how to do this. It was a simple thing in one of the files, im assuming it would work with AoP but not sure.

What is 3rd person switching? I've been playing coas 2 with GoF 1.1.2 mod and never realize you could switch 3rd person what is that really and how to do it in game ? After that ill look up the file for you

What is 3rd person switching? I've been playing coas 2 with GoF 1.1.2 mod and never realize you could switch 3rd person what is that really and how to do it in game ? After that ill look up the file for you

I think he means when you press the 'Tab' key and switch between 1st & 3rd person view. Fighting is always done in 3rd person - so if you play in 1st person the game automatically switched to 3rd person for the fights. He wants to disable this so that he can fight in 1st person.

:doff

I think he may be talking about when you get backed up to a wall or gun-wale and you can now longer see third person view and are auto-switched to first person until you can get away from the wall. I've always been annoyed by that, but don't think that you have a choice. I think even if you specified the camera always be third person, it would change anyway when that happens.

Can you explain more what you want Justin?

MK

Ooh ok hahaa I tought I was missing something like I could change my character to one of my figthers or so but I got you now :p

Hi,

I too like 1st person games like Oblivion/Skyrim so it's really annoying that every time my char eneters or leaves a building or goes into melee mode it reverts to 3rd person.

Is there any way to stop this happening so the game/mod always stays in 1st person camera view?

Back