• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Menu selection issue - flickering and cannot select

McDerf

Landlubber
Hi there,

I'm using Windows 10. I have POTC installed and the lastest version of the mod.

when I start the ame I can click on a box (like "new game") but I can see it flickering rather than a solid colour. I can select the button if I alt tab, then click on the button as I click back to the game, but its really clunky.

In addition, saving and loading takes forever - not because of the function of actually loading or saving, but when I try to move the window over which game to load and save, it takes forever for the selector to move left and right. I'm assuming this is part of the same issue.

Alternatively, perhaps switching to windowed mode instead of full screen might help too.

Alternatively, perhaps switching to windowed mode instead of full screen might help too.
Hello Sire! I tried un-checking the full screen mode in the config Capture.JPG but when I press save&play it won't go to windowed mode. Oh I also have that flickering problem and still fixing my slow motion problem as well. :p I did a separate post about this here :cheeky:modding

I tried un-checking the full screen mode in the config but when I press save&play it won't go to windowed mode.
That is weird.
What happened in engine.ini?
I wonder now if Config.exe did its job at all...

Could be, although before i used RivaTuner on Windows 10 to resolve the very slow character movement when turning, i wasn't seeing any flickering.
@The Nameless Pirate Sir! You are awesome! I've followed your advice upon using the RivaTuner and it fixed my slow motion issue although I still get a little stuttering every now and then but the game runs better now at least oh and it fixed my flickering problem as well so thank you again for that. :dance

EDIT:
@McDerf try this solution.

Last edited:
Back