• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Merchant stalls in St. John's

Fluen

Freebooter
I suspect the original town used for St. John's once had some merchant stalls, which were deleted. The shadows at day show their location. And if one is accompanied by crewmembers, the street merchants are also there.

If possible you can:
A. Bring back the stalls
or
B. Delete the locators for the street merchants and remove the stall shadows in the shadow textures.

I couldn't see any shadows, even after I edited "InternalSettings.h" to enable visible locators so I could see where the merchant locators are. There are dark patches on the ground all over the place, but they're just patches of dark ground, not shadows. They're not related to any locators, merchant or otherwise. Could you provide a screenshot showing the shadows which you found?

But I can certainly delete the merchant locators so that no merchants show up when you have crewmembers.

Last edited:
Here are the shadows I speak of. Similar shadows appear around the other two street merchants by the walls.

Attachments

• Stall shadows in St Johns.png
    Stall shadows in St Johns.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 49
Odd. Unless you have a convenient savegame, the quickest way to get to Antigua is to start a new game in the "Hornblower" storyline, so I did, and then went to the tavern outside town repeatedly to advance time a few hours before checking the shadows in town again.

However, I've found the texture files which produce the shadows. (The shadows are fixed on the texture and do not react to the position of the sun, so don't bother reporting that shadows of buildings and trees don't point the same way as shadows of characters. :p) The attached zip now includes both the revised locator file and the revised texture files.

Attachments

• StJohns.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 61
It worked beautifully. No street merchants and no shadows of their stalls. I once ripped the textures from the stock game and am aware, that the shadows come in a texture file, which is why, I was certain, that you could fix this. Thank you.

Back