• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Merchant Winds Quest bug? Cargo question.

kaeldragor

Landlubber
Sorry if this has been covered, but my search didn't find anything.

I am having trouble as a merchant running deliveries. If I have enough cargo space amongst my fleet, the shop keeper giving the quest doesn't have a problem.

But the low-intelligence shop keeper receiving the goods will ONLY look on my flagship.

So firstly: is this just me? Is the destination shop supposed to look at all the ships? Because if not, that's a serious bug, but I couldn't find it mentioned.

Secondly, and this comes up a lot when you have a couple or so ships: is there ANY way to either share food, or if necessary, move cargo between ships, WITHOUT selling things to the merchant first at a loss?

EDIT: Sorry, must have done something wrong - a second (fifth) attempt after exiting and entering the shop worked. I'll assume that was my fault, not a bug.

The second question remains though: Is there any way to move cargo from one ship to another without dealing with a shop keeper?

Yeah, go to your ship screen and double click the ship you want to transfer with.
Unfortunately, there's no auto-distribute feature for supplies.

<!--quoteo(post=336670:date=Jul 11 2009, 06:15 PM:name=Sordid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sordid @ Jul 11 2009, 06:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336670"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, go to your ship screen and double click the ship you want to transfer with.
Unfortunately, there's no auto-distribute feature for supplies.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No there is no auto-distribute for supplies, so you do as Sordid says here then what I do is highlight the supply I want to transfer ( there are arrows that point toward each ship IF ship has room for supply ). Then you can hold your left mouse key on the arrow you want to transfer, but using the left/right arrow on your keyboard is a LOT faster.

<!--quoteo(post=336679:date=Jul 12 2009, 12:44 AM:name=Pirate_I_Am)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pirate_I_Am @ Jul 12 2009, 12:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336679"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=336670:date=Jul 11 2009, 06:15 PM:name=Sordid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sordid @ Jul 11 2009, 06:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336670"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, go to your ship screen and double click the ship you want to transfer with.
Unfortunately, there's no auto-distribute feature for supplies.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No there is no auto-distribute for supplies, so you do as Sordid says here then what I do is highlight the supply I want to transfer ( there are arrows that point toward each ship IF ship has room for supply ). Then you can hold your left mouse key on the arrow you want to transfer, but using the left/right arrow on your keyboard is a LOT faster.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you, both of you.

That leads to a final question on the subject: what about sailors? Can I transfer those?

I'm sure if you went and tried instead of asking you'd have noticed the big old button that says <b>TRANSFER CREW</b>.

Back