• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Merchant winds quest

evelinbinder

Landlubber
How do I do the Merchant Winds quest. I delivered tea to the desired destination. A new logbook entry was written. Then I go back to port where a got the delivey job.
Now there is now possibiliy to finish the quest. After some days a message comes up saying i missed to deliver the tea. France is angree on me now.
Am I stupid to find the dialog of the merchant ?

Yes deliver the goods to which ever town your asked to and when you arrive go to the store and the second line from the dialog "I have something to discuss with you! store owners name here" new dialog opens 1st line "My ships hold is plum full of fresh new cargo for your store" he will now take the goods off your hands and give you the money he owes you, sometimes the store owner will tell you he's had some goods delivered already and that he don't need the ones you have onboard your ship in which case just sell them in the normal way.

Thanks for the answer

This is what i have done. I sold all the goods in the target store. An Entry was made in my log. But what then else I have to do. After a month is gone a message says that the time is over for delivery and the mission was failed !!

LoL ! I can see your mistake... Happen to me once too... I was doing the quest... And Sold it by accident in the STORE LIST than Finishing the Quest...

Step 1
_____

Accept Quest from Merchat Store.

'' Merchant Wind Quest Now Available In LogBook ''

He told you to Transfer some gooods from current town to the next town.
BridgeTown ----- > Port - Au - Prince

Step2
_____

Get into your ship and travel to the destination given.

Avoid conflicts with Pirates if you don't want to fight or lose your good from incoming fire.

Once you reach the location and head to port in town.

Step 3
_____

Go to the Merchat Store.

And ask him, Just like the way you ask the merchant you accepted the quest.

DO NOT SELL THEM IN THE STORE / SHOP LIST.

Done and Done.

LOL ! It happen to first gamer... like me... I keep making the mistake 3times... until I realise my mistake...

Well this is not the place to talk about that haha

owhh and becareful of rats eating your Quest Goods...
Also when you deliver the goods. He doesn't accept it but he will give you the goods for free and do whatever you like with it.
So sell it ~

If your Quest relate to RUMS or FOOD. Becareful and always carry extra with you. Becasue your crew will eat the food and Drink the RUMS all day.

Also Cannonballs, Pellet Shot, Chain shot, Explosive and Powder Goods too.

Even if you are transporting Powder. And you got intercepted... Firing your cannon will cause the loss of Powder.
Becareful when transporting these goods,

FOOD
RUM
CANNONBALL
PELLETSHOT
CHAIN SHOT
EXPLOSIVE
POWDER

I hate to bump an old thread but I'd rather that than create a new one.

I got tasked to deliver ale to a town I'm not too friendly with, and no matter what couldn't get the goods delivered, so I just sold them off and expected to fail the quest and get a new one. Except every merchant I talk to says "you need to go deliver that ale!" Is there any way to keep merchant-ing or am I hosed until I somehow manage to deliver a bunch of ale to Willemstad?

I hate to bump an old thread but I'd rather that than create a new one.

I got tasked to deliver ale to a town I'm not too friendly with, and no matter what couldn't get the goods delivered, so I just sold them off and expected to fail the quest and get a new one. Except every merchant I talk to says "you need to go deliver that ale!" Is there any way to keep merchant-ing or am I hosed until I somehow manage to deliver a bunch of ale to Willemstad?

I haven't tried it myself, but i'd see two options. Either you buy some ale, hit a beach on Curacao and try to sneak into Willemstad, wait somewhere until the shop opens and have a word with the man about that beer, then sprint out of town like all hell's on your heels. Or try and see if the merchant that gave you the job will let you cancel.

ED: You could also try to grab the dutch flag ship perk and a trading license from a pirate diplomat. That should let you visit there, unless you've been shooting dutchmen on your offtime. In which case I presume you'd need to pay the diplomat to smooth that over, too. Pricey option, though.

I did sneak into Wilemstad and made it to the storekeeper, but "I have to moor my ships!" was the only option I got. The Dutch really really really hate me right now, I have a fairly large bounty on my head.

PS: I have a failed governor's quest as well that hasn't registered as being failed. I had to sneak into Portobello and deliver papers but didn't get there in time, but haven't gotten a log update.

If you can anchor your ships at Palm Shore and then go overland to sneak in to town at night (after 11pm/2300) no guards will be at the gate - carefully make your way to the tavern. Get a room. Next morning carefully make your way to the store. Guards won't bother you if you are talking to one of your officers or a citizen.

When at the store the option will be given to you to "salve wounds" of the merchant for not delivering the goods. You have to pay him an amount he specifies. Could be over 200,000 depending on what the cargo was and how much.

Only by paying him off will you be able to get more merchant quests.

The only other alternative is to obtain good relations again and be able to moor your ships in the harbor again.

If you've already busted time on the mission, he is not interested in you delivering the goods anymore anyway. He will tell you he's made other arrangements. You have to pay him off to make him happy and be able to end the mission thread so you can receive new merchant wind quests from other colonies.

MK

I'm in the shop talking with the man but there is no salve wounds option. I definitely don't have the ale anymore.

I managed to sneak in as a Spanish ship and moored in Willemstad. Now to make a break for the dock again!

The salve wounds dialogue will not come up until after you have busted the time limit on the mission. You also have to select the right dialogue with the merchant to get the option.

Good luck.

MK

Back