• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Missing Mysterious Coins

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
I had all 882 cursed coins but suddenly 10 went missing now I'm stuck cursed I know you can get them randomly in chests of ships but in my experience thy are very rare. Is there away to manually add them or find them more easily?
What modpack version are you playing? How did you get those cursed coins? And what did you do with them?

What modpack version are you playing? How did you get those cursed coins? And what did you do with them?

I'm playing on Pirates of the Caribbean New Horizons Mod build 14.

I got the 881 coins from the chest on isla de muerta and the 882nd randomly on some pirate battleship. I put 881 of them in the weapons locker and kept one for my self

Is it possible that 10 of my crew members died in battle at night and the coins despawned along with their bodies?

Last edited:
I'm playing on Pirates of the Caribbean New Horizons Mod build 14.
To ensure we know which version, please give the exact version number and date displayed in your main game menu.
There have been many, many different Build 14 updates over the years.

I got the 881 coins from the chest on isla de muerta and the 882nd randomly on some pirate battleship. I put 881 of them in the weapons locker and kept one for my self

Is it possible that 10 of my crew members died in battle at night and the coins despawned along with their bodies?
Ah, the Weaponslocker! I suspect that is indeed exactly what happened.
Crew do take cursed coins during boarding and I think dead crew don't return their items to the Weaponslocker again.
I can't remember now if you can loot your own dead crew to get your stuff back or not.

Is there away to manually add them [...]?
You can do that using console. See here point #4 on how that works: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modding-tips-tricks.24942/
The command you need is:
Code:
TakeNItems(PChar, "cursedcoin", 10);
This is written from memory, so it may be "cursed_coin" as well.

You can do that using console. See here point #4 on how that works: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modding-tips-tricks.24942/
The command you need is:
Code:
TakeNItems(PChar, "cursedcoin", 10);
This is written from memory, so it may be "cursed_coin" as well.

Okay I have read the post on how to get the console to work... but I cant get it to work.

can you please explain "in layman terms" what exact line am I supposed to put the code under?

can you please explain "in layman terms" what exact line am I supposed to put the code under?
I do not know how to make it simpler than this:
- Open PROGRAM\console.c
- Find:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;
- Below this, add whatever code you want to execute
- Press F12 while ingame to execute
So you should make it look like this:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;

TakeNItems(PChar, "cursedcoin", 10); // <---------- ADD LINE HERE -----------

Okay I have read the post on how to get the console to work... but I cant get it to work.

You have to place the code right here: Udklip.PNG

I do not know how to make it simpler than this:

So you should make it look like this:
Code:
void ExecuteConsole()
{
   ref ch;
   int i;
   int limit;

TakeNItems(PChar, "cursedcoin", 10); // <---------- ADD LINE HERE -----------
It worked! I think I was just doing something wrong thank you for the help and for future preference how do I post a question on the forums?

(I joined this site yesterday)

Back