• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Missing skill points

paulsbro

Landlubber
Guys - I screwed up again.
It a recurring theme :)

I had my repair skill at 10.
"I think" I purchased a point in repair ... not sure; it was a long night of playing and I was going in/out doors to change the people milling about = looking for good weapons/treasure quests etc

Now my repair stat is "blank".
That's not good with the "fort fight" coming up soon :)

Is there a file I can go into to put my repair stat back to 10 ?

I probably can get by without it, but if I mess up melee for instance, I'd be in big trouble.
Not to mention all the ship stats(...sailing, cannons, accuracy) or luck.

I don't want to start over, but if I have to, now would be better than later.
Plus, I'm sure in the future this will happen again ... I click faster than I read

What's the ramification of a blank skill ?
How can I fix it ?

<!--quoteo(post=176438:date=Dec 20 2006, 11:10 AM:name=ledhed)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ledhed @ Dec 20 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]176438[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
What version are you playing ?
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ledhed - wow, that was fast.

I'm using Buildv13.

Open PROGRAM\console.c and add <i>pchar.skill.Repair = "10";</i> below the following code:
<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    ref ch;
    int i;<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->The final code should look like this:<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->void ExecuteConsole()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    ref ch;
    int i;

pchar.skill.Repair = "10";<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->After you did that, save the file, load your savegame and press F12 ingame. You should then have a repair skill of 10 again. If you have the same problem with melee, replace "repair" with "fencing", then do this again. You can also add multiple lines below each other to set different skills, so you won't need to go in and out of the game to reset each skill.

Running the console is F12, running a Reinitialization is F11.

My question is, how can you get skill level 10, and add more to it to get zero?

As described, it's a bug.

<!--quoteo(post=176502:date=Dec 20 2006, 06:49 PM:name=Petros)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Petros @ Dec 20 2006, 06:49 PM) [snapback]176502[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
My question is, how can you get skill level 10, and add more to it to get zero?

As described, it's a bug.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ledhed/Pieter - thanks for the help.
I'll copy/paste the info for future reference ... I'm sure I'll brain cramp again :)

Petros - I have no stats showing.
It didn't go to "0"; the two fields where numbers should be are blank.
I wish it was at 0, I could cheat-level-up and just get back to 10, but the two fields don't allow me to increase the stats.
Not sure if that helps.
I think it happened after buying a repair point ?

I do know that if you increase your skill number above 10, this is what happens. However I don't know how you can actually do that without changing the code in the game. I thought there were checks that would prevent the player from getting a skill of higher than 10.

To Joe: Could you please tell me exactly how you managed to increase your repair skill while you already had it at 10? If you talk to somebody who wants to teach you repair, when you have 10 for the skill already, you should only have a dialog option saying "I don't need your advice. I know this all very well, and can even teach you."

Back