• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Missing voice files for "Hornblower"

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Probably for the attention of @Jack Rackham :

The dialog files for the riflemen, e.g "Rifleman Cooper_dialog.c" and "Rifleman Haggman_dialog.c", want to play voice files specific to those characters, e.g. 'PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\Haggman01.wav");'. I can't find those voice files. Neither can the game, so it generates a message in "error.log". Are the files supposed to be included?

It doesn't foul up the general gameplay so if the voice files aren't readily available then I can either live with the error messages or remove the 'PlaySound' lines from those dialog files.

The dialog files for the riflemen, e.g "Rifleman Cooper_dialog.c" and "Rifleman Haggman_dialog.c", want to play voice files specific to those characters, e.g. 'PlaySound("VOICE\ENGLISH\Haggman01.wav");'. I can't find those voice files. Neither can the game, so it generates a message in "error.log". Are the files supposed to be included?
That storyline was originally @Short Jack Gold's work, but I recall he never managed to finish it quite the way he wanted.
Last thing I knew, he was working on a final extension, but lost his files and didn't try it again.
You can try sending him a PM; you never do know. He was around on the forum for a very short while a few months ago.

I suspect that he once did have those sound files, but doesn't anymore. Simplest solution is to remove their 'PlaySound' lines.
I could also check earlier modpack versions, but I suspect we never did have them and nobody noticed them being missing until now.

I'll just comment the "PlaySound" lines out, then. If the files ever do surface, the lines can then easily be uncommented. Not all the rifleman dialogs have such lines anyway.

It ought to be included in the upgrade I posted earlier. The offending 'PlaySound' lines have been commented out, though Haggman has a new one for a specific occasion. ;)

It ought to be included in the upgrade I posted earlier.
Yep, that's where I got the fix from. I had kept it as "Fix in Progress" for quite a while, but now that you posted the fix, it is officially "Fixed and Archived". :doff

Back