• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Misspelled-bugs

Actually I think the sentence is intended , because she speaks southern language with
a French accent.

Last edited:
Please correct whatever errors you find in your own game, then post the corrected files here.
Best is if you make one zip with all your changes included.

I've marked this thread as Fix in Progress to reflect the ongoing work removing typos, and adjusted the title.

@SaltySeas7 or @Johanno: I'd greatly appreciate if you could post your corrected files here in an archive.
Would save me the trouble of finding and fixing these mistakes myself, which means that is time saved that I can then spend on sorting out more serious issues. :doff

I've made all relevant changes suggested in this thread and they'll be in the next update of course.

Build 4.1

RESOURCE\INI\TEXTX\ENGLISH\globals.txt, Line 11: "QUEST_MESSAGE11 {wicked heart we give a secret reward!}"

"wicked" -> "Wicked"
This one is actually correct, because it is the second half of a single sentence:
"To a pirate who has no mercy in his
wicked heart we give a secret reward!"

Build 4.1

RESOURCE\INI\TEXTX\ENGLISH\globals.txt, Line 58: "OFFIC_TYPE_BOATSWAIN {boatswain}"

There is an accidential tab character between BOATSWAIN and {boatswain}, probably not a big deal but may have technical implications when it is being parsed, who knows!
I have no clue where the game would even use that. Probably nowhere. :confused:

I found at least two more misspelling bugs but I forgot to write them down I were too much into the game at the time of discovery. But if I remember correctly, it was just a minor lack of space character between the name of a character in the game and the follow up text. I'll report it back if I bump into it again. The alternative would be to search for names and see if it can be found. It was in the context of Clement and the mission to take Bridgetown. Possibly some text that has Danielle in it.

But if I remember correctly, it was just a minor lack of space character between the name of a character in the game and the follow up text.
I did notice one such error yesterday, which is already fixed for the next update.
If you do find out the specifics though, you're welcome to post them here. :doff

Back