• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

MMO's betas/alphas....Goods and Bads and Hell no's!

Drew Long

Sailor Apprentice
Hi,

i do not often write in these forums but realize that I can be a critic without the troll spammers, goodie goodies thread locking my opinions based on immature feedback. So that being said these are my takes on some upcoming or in progress games:

1st: ANY browser based game (should not) even be mentioned with true PC games of any genre. They are beneath the content of true games and should therefore be cast down into a sub-game category. The reason for this is all the MMO eye-candy sites class the giveaways into one lump sum and you may end up with a key for something that you would not even shed a thought on.

Beta i have played thus far: WOP, War Thunder, Dragon's Prophet, Neverwinter, Defiance, many many MMO's from 3rd party sites. My recommendations on getting into beta fishing or MMO hunting sprees is:

1. Never DL Aeria Games
2. PAY attention to what country of Origin the game comes from!
3. Pretty does not = great or good or worthy of crap!
4. Free items, bonus, blah blah blah giveaways does not mean the game is good or worth the headache of BS.
5. Be careful of the Facebook login/registering you have to do in order to try out different MMO's and RPG's

Okay the good:
1. Heroes and Generals: WWII style game with some features of (WWII online) strategic map with options to deploy assault teams and move them to join or press attacks on cities. Have been with this for a long while and can say its only gotten better! The good about it is: FPS/MMO's are rare and WWII with some different yet often never used features that make this game unique and play worthy! There is no mini-map constantly, no real time warfare help other than your ability to be aware and to actually aim and have skills based on bullet drop etc! OMG you say what difficult learning curve, blah blah. You dream of better games and as a true gamer myself this is what I dream of when it comes to True FPS games. Tanks/Planes very class/job based list of what you can or can not do! Needless to say, this game is one to play beta and to hold onto!

2. TBC......

Back