• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Dance?

tspencer227

Powder Monkey
So I've used Jonesoft with other games for a while now, and have just started downloading some of the wonderful mods available to use in conjunction with that program for AoP2. My question is, I've noticed that a lot of the larger mods (COAS Characters, COAS Ships, JS Combined Mod, and Vorius's) modify the same files. I know that for the Combined Mod, the ships and character files have been made compatible (if I'm reading everything right...), but what about the rest of the mods out there? Is there any particular mods hosted at the FTP that are mutually exclusive, and is there any particular order the above should be enabled/ installed in?

Thanks guys!

Nuke

Somebody should just go the whole length and put everything together in one file. :facepalm

Somebody should just go the whole length and put everything together in one file. :facepalm

The same thought had crossed my mind, but I haven't the slightest clue when it comes to programming, period. But then again, isn't that the whole idea with porting the Build Mod over to COAS at some point in the future?

I'm running:

1. COAS_Ships
2. COAS_Characters_mod
3. COAS_combinedpic
4. JsCombinedMods_COASShips
5. vor_NoCrewLimitCapture_JSMerged
6. vor_ShowOfficerPosition_Merged

in that order, and those ones are all written to be compatible.
Most of the other mods are not compatible. We're working on combining all these along with a pile of new textures from the russian mod, but it's not quite all cleaned up yet.

Jonathan A.

Back