• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod of a mod, of Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales?

Dago

Landlubber
Hello all,

I am a new forum member, but I've been doing some digging through the forum for the last week orso. I noticed someone mention that Sea Dogs: CoAS is a mod of Sea Dogs: CT, and while I was digging through the files of Sea Dogs: TEHO, I found that in the folder characters, there's a file named charcters_init.c, and when I open that it says;

makeref(ch,Characters[1]); //Blaze Sharp
ch.name = "Áëýéç";
ch.lastname = "Øàðï";
ch.id = "Blaze";
ch.nation = ENGLAND;
ch.model = "devlin";

That's the dude from Sea Dogs: CT.

So my question, is TEHO the modded version of the mod CoAS?

Edit: Another question btw, in TEHO can you still capture colonies and upgrade them? I know it was possible in CT and CoAS, but I'm not seeing any info about it for this game.

Last edited:
These aren't mods by definition, just official games in Sea Dogs series using "some" assets of the previous ones. All 5 Sea Dogs games were published by Akella in the west, but had different developers. In chronological order:

1. Sea Dogs by Akella and Bethesda
2. Pirates of the Caribbean (commonly known as Sea Dogs II) by Akella and Bethesda
3. Sea Dogs: Caribbean Tales (previously called Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales) by Akella
4. Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships (previously called Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships) by Seaward
5. Sea Dogs: To Each His Own (previously called Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own) by Blackmark Studio - a remaster called Caribbean Legend is in development

There's also a game in development called Corsairs Legacy by Mauris and they claim their aim is to make a successor of Sea Dogs.

I hope that clears up a few things for you, welcome to PiratesAhoy:doff

Back