• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod suggestions!

also

Landlubber
Really THNX for your time reading this and your answers!!!! :onya :)

- First, is there(or is there going to be created) any mod that improves and upgrades general aspects of CoaS(adds new ships, new characters, improves textures, adds new story lines maybe, adds new animations, makes possible direct 3D sailing from island to island and so on...) like Build Mod for PotC for example?
- Second, which mods do you suggest?
- And third, can i bring ships from Build Mod to CoaS? and if it's possible, how can i do it and what do you suggest bringing from Build Mod to CoaS in general(ships, characters, weapons and so on)?

Really THNX for your time reading this and your answers!!!! :onya :)

- First, is there(or is there going to be created) any mod that improves and upgrades general aspects of CoaS(adds new ships, new characters, improves textures, adds new story lines maybe, adds new animations, makes possible direct 3D sailing from island to island and so on...) like Build Mod for PotC for example?
- Second, which mods do you suggest?
- And third, can i bring ships from Build Mod to CoaS? and if it's possible, how can i do it and what do you suggest bringing from Build Mod to CoaS in general(ships, characters, weapons and so on)?

Well work is going to start one day on a build mod for COAS but at the moment POTC needs to be finished. Anyway you can look around and see some mods have been made.

Here are a few example.

Mini Mods. http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/13796-coas-mini-mods/
New Ships & Characters. http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14372-new-ships-and-characters/
Crew On Deck. http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14883-crew-walking-on-deck/

There are many more but you can use them, perhaps even help make them all work together if they don't already which will help make them ready for a build mod.:D

My suggestions for mods is better smoke effects for cannon smoke, i really miss POTC for that and the ability to meet random ships without leaving 1st person sailing mode.

Well work is going to start one day on a build mod for COAS but at the moment POTC needs to be finished.
Finished? Sure, when duke nukem will be released, right? ;)

"The Day the Earth stood still, or: When buildmod will be ready!"

Well work is going to start one day on a build mod for COAS but at the moment POTC needs to be finished.
Finished? Sure, when duke nukem will be released, right? ;)

"The Day the Earth stood still, or: When buildmod will be ready!"

Hey i'm only passing on what i have read, as to when the mod will be finished is somethig i can't give an answer to all i know is a lot of modders are busy at the moment and from a post Pieter made the work with POTC build 14 is going well, if that means there are often updates to the build or not is anyones guess i'm not part of the modding team for POTC, my work on COAS has been very little and is not something i expect to see in any build mod sinces its aimed at the more realistic game play. If you want an estimated time to finish for the build speak with Pieter.

Ok lets just say the Build Mod is going really well :yes

However it wont be finished for a fair while still (Jack Sparrow has another two major parts of storyline to be written for example).

It is going well though, but wont be finished this year that is for sure :no

Pirate stores buying contraband would be nifty...they are pirates after all, why wouldn't they buy smuggled goods.

Luke, my reply was rather a kind of ironic tribute to one of the greatest community works Ive stumbled upon. In the past years Ive recommended Potc+buildmod to many people who have been very happy over the rich entertaining features of that game, too. In short, the longer it lasted the better it became! ;)

Back to topic: I would love if the damn rats could be changed modwise link to post

I dont now why you all like that built mod. In that build mod when you sailing from island game load to open sea then again game load to another island. So just tell me what kind of real 3d sailing is that. Real 3d sailing from island to island is in COAS, but in that case there is no town to port in. So my opinion is that this built mod is nothing. With just several repair mod or cheats COAS are much better of any simillar game.

For CoAS to have you being able to make port you would have to do a location reload anyway :shrug

Direct sailing is only a small part of the Build Mod and some of the things in it CoAS doesnt touch... ie the Different Flag Mod

This single mod adds period correct flags for EVERY nation and also allows ships to have both pennants and ensigns... Also there is a number of personal and pirate flags that can be chosen from

Have you actually played the Build Mod????

Only for short period, and it didnt impresed me. One thing is anoying me, and it is weapon that can be damaged. I now that is realistic but going to store and watch there so many same weapon but with diferent damage (or time of usage) is preaty stupid. But this is only my opinion.

You will find that most of the features like that can be disabled (I play with it disabled)

I dont think you should be judging the Build Mod if you havnt spent time really looking at the amazing features that have been added :no

I have to agree the build mod for POTC made that game a great game and spoilt a lot of us which is why we started finding COAS annoying, the differences between these two games isn't that much the cannon loading times was added to make it more realistic, the fog (as annoying as it is) makes the game more realistic. The graphics have improved and hand to hand combat is better. Thats when you start saying you wish this or that was in COAS and its because of them been in the build mod for POTC. Play POTC without a build mod or any mods and then see if your oppinions about the build mod change.

There are a list if things i would love to see in COAS, the list is only about 4 iteam's but i'm trying to learn how to do it and if i do succeed in doing them that might help the build team when they do get to start work on COAS which will/could turn into a new game with alot of nice new features. To name a few features i miss from POTC would be the cannon smoke but there is weather, sailing to and from ports without leaving real sailing mode, encountering other ships without leaving real sailing mod etc etc.

I have tried POTC without the build and i found it very poor, the build brought that game to life and made it very popular and with the new mod having new features added to it the build mod is getting better and better. I can't wait for the build mod for COAS to be started but i know thats a long way off, so till then i try to learn how to do small mods.

id love to see this island in game, seems like every pirate game lack there very own pirate only island.. so if possible someone give it a try and see if it worth it.

Attachments

• 250px-Pirate_island.JPG
    250px-Pirate_island.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 118
id love to see this island in game, seems like every pirate game lack there very own pirate only island.. so if possible someone give it a try and see if it worth it.
Sorry but that isnt going to happen... Even the Build Mod doesnt have new island models AND no one even trying

All the new islands in PotC we got from CoAS or AoP :shrug

Sorry but that isnt going to happen... Even the Build Mod doesnt have new island models AND no one even trying

well no harm in asking lol, and how do i get to the port that's right under puerto belo, it's there but no way to get to it with my ship

well no harm in asking lol, and how do i get to the port that's right under puerto belo, it's there but no way to get to it with my ship

Anchor and take a long walk through the jungle, thats the only way of reaching that town.

is it possible to create a narrow sort of passage to sail through with a ship, because i cant be arsed to walk to a port to buy a ship to roam around a funless area...So is it possible :keith

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14929-mod-idea/page__view__findpost__p__349534
You have already asked this...

Try not to double post... if you are just saying something like never mind I got it to work or adding additional information to your post just add EDIT: *why*
(This is for when your post is still the bottom post in thread ;))
This also includes not asking the same question on several different threads. If you noticed you put your post in the wrong place:
a) let a moderator know and we can move your post for you
b) if you post in the right spot and then the wrong one edit so it reads: Moderator please delete this post.
OPTION B is perferable ;)
This quote is from the Build Mod subforum so I can understand why you might not have seen it, but please dont in the future "double" post like this (it can get very annoying)

Back