• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ModDB mod of the year

The Nameless Pirate

Just a pirate
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Public Relations
ModDB is organizing a mod of the year competition.

If you like our work, please vote for New Horizons in our ModDB page.

Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod

Thanks for your support.

potc_logo_300px.png

Good job getting this on the main page and on the PotC subforum at the same time!
I didn't even know that was possible. :rofl

There's no way we're going to win this year.
Steep competition out there!
But there's no harm in trying and seeing how far we get.

Deadline for this year is in only 2 days.
But we can start by voting, then release the latest on ModDB with a proper release article again during the Christmas holidays.
And then perhaps we CAN create a nice chance for the 2020 awards next year. :cheers

Good job getting this on the main page and on the PotC subforum at the same time!
I didn't even know that was possible. :rofl
You first create it on the subforum you want and then you click on the promote button. ;)

There's no way we're going to win this year.
Steep competition out there!
But there's no harm in trying and seeing how far we get.

Deadline for this year is in only 2 days.
But we can start by voting, then release the latest on ModDB with a proper release article again during the Christmas holidays.
And then perhaps we CAN create a nice chance for the 2020 awards next year. :cheers
We can try and see, we won't lose anything.

Yeah, the files on ModDB need updating. I will make an account as soon as possible and notify you. ;)

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about competition. Personally, I voted for Fallout New California in 2018, Swat Elite Force in 2017, Call of Chernobyl in 2016 and 2015, and DOW Ultimate apocalypse in 2014.
Since all of the above are either completed or abandoned, it's time for my vote to go to New horizons in 2019. I was hesitant about the mod some years ago, but for what it has become today, it's one of the best mods I've seen to add content to a game.

I was hesitant about the mod some years ago, but for what it has become today, it's one of the best mods I've seen to add content to a game.
Thanks a lot, mate!

Indeed until a few years ago, the mod was quite unpolished.
I think it's really been the past 5 years that it's started to reach that shiny level we always hoped for. :woot

Voted! We may have little chance of winning, but if it means that New Horizons will get noticed by some people, then I'll personally count that as a victory. I will always cherish the moment that I took time to Google "Good pirate games" and found out about PoTC, New Horizons as well as this community. Here's to more years and members! :cheers

Starship Troopers Im Doing My Part GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Thanks very much, mate!
And glad to have you here.

Anyone who references STARSHIP TROOPERS of all things has to be a good one as far as I'm concerned!
I love that movie. It is beautifully ridiculous.
Which, unlike what original US audiences might've believed, is definitely INTENTIONAL!

The director is Dutch. I am Dutch.
I think I can recognize satire when I see it. ;)

Let's not kid ourselves, New Horizons is as essential to POTC as are the unofficial patches in Bethesda Games.
Both are considered mods but are actually integral (and sometimes mandatory) to truly enjoy the games. Vanilla POTC is good for one playthrough to get the gist of the game (as are vanilla Bethesda games) and then mods take over.

That alone transcends the notion of a simple conversion and becomes a whole new game. Very few mods have done this (and I voted them as MOTY for doing so) and New Horizons is one of them. I am sure I'll vote it every single year from now on for being consistent and the modders for being enthusiastic and devoted to the mod. :onya

I actually played stock PotC on Xbox for years.

But once you get New Horizons, there is no apparent reason to go back.

And thanks once more for the support you are giving us. :beer:

Well people have different tastes.

I play the Tales of a Sea Hawk with my original soundtrack mod, when I feel extra nostalgic.

Well people have different tastes.
Exactly.

We've had people before who thought they wanted to play the game without the mod because of "reasons".
We then asked about those reasons and addressed them one by one.

Usually the end result was they enjoyed the mod perfectly fine.
Sometimes they kept preferring the original game.

Different people are different.
Usually we are more similar than we think.
And occasionally we are not.

But no matter what, we can always respect each other. :cheers

There was a count down and a vote button, on the main page of the mod.

Yesterday, it was at one day, also the email I got said for the next 10 days and it was originally sent on December 1st.

Back