• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modded autosave feature

Jackrel Carver

Landlubber
I was just wandering how difiicult it would possibly be to add autosaving to when you moor your ship in port? I mean the only autosave offered in game is prior to boarding which isn't always the most helpful thing. And if it is possible maybe somebody could add a nifty little bit of code that makes it so you only save in port, and not on the random beaches.
Think of it as you having to sign paperwork and such to dock in a port thus leading to youre visit no matter how breif being documented. I just found it kind of strange that they left out autosave in civilised places but put it just before a possible battle. Like they wanted players to savescum.

Also was wondering if it would be at all possible to link normal saving to inventory objects. Like maybe you carry a captains log that documents where youv'e been, or a magic rock that lets you redo things lol. Reason is after starting a hardcore game, I eventually get tired of only being able to save in churches, I know theres a mod that changes it so you can save in taverns, but I wanna maybe get an item that alllows regular saving anywhere i want as well, so i dont get lazy and just start a new game with full saving enabled.

Back