• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Modding CoAS into PotC style

CAS Game 9_12_2020 6_31_21 PM.png
However I was able to access f2 during the opening, proving that its only the sailor points that is the issue

Hang on, its listed as battleship? I used bits of the HMS VICTORY program scripts to fill in the gaps, but does this mean that she uses battleship sailorpoints, as in, the stock coas battleship? I'm not sure Perhaps the HMS Victory walk files???

Both files don't work
Did you pick one, rename it to "Santisima1.ini", then copy it into "RESOURCE\Models\Ships\Sailorspoints"? What happened when you tried to use those files? For that matter, what happens when you try to use the TEHO file?

Hang on, its listed as battleship? I used bits of the HMS VICTORY program scripts to fill in the gaps, but does this mean that she uses battleship sailorpoints, as in, the stock coas battleship? I'm not sure Perhaps the HMS Victory walk files???
You could try it, but as "HMS_Victory" is a different model to "Manowar1", either the walk file won't work any better than the others, or the crew will walk where they should not.

was able to access f2 during the opening, proving that its only the sailor points that is the issue
If I remember correctly in CoAS the game starts on your ship where a sailor says you are the captain.
Then you are sent on land.
Does the game crash when you go to the port?

If so there should be something else wrong.
When the sailorpoints didn't work when I was porting the Akella Black Pearl the game crashed only when going at sea.
On the port the game worked fine.
Either something is wrong with the model itself, or on it's code entries.

Edit:
Hello, recently I've attempted to port a ship from TEHO to CoAS using the above guides. Everything is good, no runtime error. Until I click the dialogue "Alright men, I'm going to shore." it freezes at the loading screen and crashes to my desktop with no pop up whatsoever. Does anyone know why this is so. I have started a thread concerning this here: Discussion - Modding CoAS into PotC style
Yep, does seem like there is something else going on.

Did you pick one, rename it to "Santisima1.ini", then copy it into "RESOURCE\Models\Ships\Sailorspoints"? What happened when you tried to use those files? For that matter, what happens when you try to use the TEHO file?

You could try it, but as "HMS_Victory" is a different model to "Manowar1", either the walk file won't work any better than the others, or the crew will walk where they should not.
I copy and pasted the script into the Santisima1 sailorpoint. Both those files and the teho files lead my game to glitch while loading before I can even load on land

If I remember correctly in CoAS the game starts on your ship where a sailor says you are the captain.
Then you are sent on land.
Does the game crash when you go to the port?

If so there should be something else wrong.
When the sailorpoints didn't work when I was porting the Akella Black Pearl the game crashed only when going at sea.
On the port the game worked fine.
Either something is wrong with the model itself, or on it's code entries.
I don't even get sent to land

I don't even get sent to land
If by code entries you mean any instance where there's Santisima withut the "1'', its not because I searched for Santisima in my files and all have the ''1".

But I will check again. And base on experience, which and what could the error be?

If by code entries you mean any instance where there's Santisima withut the "1'', its not because I searched for Santisima in my files and all have the ''1".

But I will check again. And base on experience, which and what could the error be?
I mean anything you added/edited to add the ship.

Unfortunately I am not exactly sure as to what is wrong.
Can you please upload the "PROGRAM\Ships" folder?

Santisima.7z doesn't have it.
upload_2020-12-9_13-30-28.png upload_2020-12-9_13-30-43.png

Could waterline cause an error? I remember changing it from 0.5 to 0.7
Don't think so.
@Grey Roger once made a ship literally "fly" this way.

I copy and pasted the script into the Santisima1 sailorpoint. Both those files and the teho files lead my game to glitch while loading before I can even load on land
You should not need to edit "Santisima1.ini". Rename it to something like "Santisima1_orig.ini", or move it to somewhere else. Then make a copy of my "MANOWAR_gub1.ini" and rename it to "Santisima1.ini".

You really need to find out where the log files "system.log" and "error.log" are hiding because they will tell us why the game is crashing.

You should not need to edit "Santisima1.ini". Rename it to something like "Santisima1_orig.ini", or move it to somewhere else. Then make a copy of my "MANOWAR_gub1.ini" and rename it to "Santisima1.ini".

You really need to find out where the log files "system.log" and "error.log" are hiding because they will tell us why the game is crashing.

Found these, had the word crash in it so I guess may have something to do with CoAS

Attachments

• cef_log.txt
    280 bytes · Views: 199
  • debug.log
    812 bytes · Views: 179
Those do not look like anything to do with CoAS. "cef_log.txt" just has three lines about crash reporting being enabled, and "debug.log" has several reports from "directory_reader_win.cc" reporting that it can't find a file. A bit of internet searching indicates that this may be something to do with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.

Thanks! :cheers

Found these, had the word crash in it so I guess may have something to do with CoAS
Those do not look like anything to do with CoAS. "cef_log.txt" just has three lines about crash reporting being enabled, and "debug.log" has several reports from "directory_reader_win.cc" reporting that it can't find a file. A bit of internet searching indicates that this may be something to do with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome.
Yep, that is not it.

Maybe this will help?
New Horizons FAQ | PiratesAhoy!

It is for PotC, but maybe CoAS works the same way.

From that FAQ:
How to enable Error Logging(top)
  1. Open "engine.ini" in your main game folder.
  2. Find the "debuginfo = 0" line and change it to "debuginfo = 1".
  3. Find the "runtimelog = 0" line and change it to "runtimelog = 1".
  4. Find the "tracefilesoff = 1" line and change it to "tracefilesoff = 0".
If you can't find "engine.ini", see if there is "start.ini" with "debuginfo", "runtimelog" and "tracefilesoff" lines. If so, try changing them the same way.

Have you changed "engine.ini" (or "start.ini") as shown? If so, can you now find "system.log" and "error.log"?

Back