• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Modding Quest Rank and Timer Limits

jip2

Sailor Apprentice
I'm trying to modify the rank and time limitations of some quests so I could have more "free play" in between without worrying about increasing rank or being late. For some quests it seems fairly easy. You can find the starting rank and ending rank in .c files. I believe I have also found the setting to add more time to a quest.

The issue is that all quest parameters are spread out and use different logic so searching through them for each individual quest is tasking. For example one quest had rank limit coded into a dialogue trigger, others might have a separate function for it.
  1. Has anyone tried doing this before?
  2. Do changes in .c files apply to existing saves? For example, I level up and some quest fails. Then I would go edit the quest to increase the rank limit. After that I would load a save before my level up. Would that work? I remember from previous games that the engine was pretty inflexible regarding this.

Nice ! So what files i need to modify ?
1. Nope ;p
2. For some files to work you need to start a new game.

Back