• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Modifying Pirate Abilities/Enlisting Slaves

Selovanth

Landlubber
Hello there. I'm wonder if someone can tell me which file contains the values that the abilities your pirate, and as a consequence, enemy captains use? I would like to play with these values to see how wacky I can make my game.

Second question. I've noticed that despite having high crew morale/space available/high leadership, I can not enlist slaves anymore. I simply get a message returned that none of the slaves want to join the crew. Is there a file containing the variables that determine success/fail for enlisting slaves to see if I can mess with them? Thanks.

Look In file folder of Age of Pirates 2/Sea Dogs: City of Abandoned Ships (whichever you are playing):
Program/ characters/ open RPGUtilite file
open Edit and use Find Next by typing in SetSPECIAL
from top of file it is 2nd instance ( not far down the file at all) and change to look like this:

void SetRandSPECIAL(ref _refCharacter)
{
SetSPECIAL(_refCharacter,
(10 + rand(0)),
(10 + rand(0)),
(10 + rand(0)),
(10 + rand(0)),
(10 + rand(0)),
(10 + rand(0)),
(10 + rand(0)));

All Generated NPC Officers will now all have 10s on PIRATES stats EXCEPT John Workman, Danielle Sheppard, & Humphrey Douglas.
These 3 have their own files which need to be edited individually.
To change your starting characters PIRATES stats to all 10s,
in same file as above open Edit and use Find Next by typing in HeroParam.HeroType
File lines you are looking for will look like this below, change the class you want to play to all 10s, or change all to look like below:

ch.HeroParam.HeroType = NullCharacter.HeroParam.HeroType;

SetSPECIAL(ch, 10,10,10,10,10,10,10); //ôèêñ äëÿ ëþáèòåëåé ñòèðàòü òèï ÃÃ â ôàéëå - áûëà äûðà
switch (ch.HeroParam.HeroType)
{
/*case "Master":
SetSPECIAL(ch, 10,10,10,10,10,10,10);
break; */

case "Merchant":
break;

case "Corsair":
// ÍÇÃ -->
i = 0;
while (i < 2)// äâå íàãðàäû
{
iTmp = rand(MAX_NATIONS-1);
sTemp = "reputation." + NationShortName(iTmp) + "hunter";
if (iTmp != PIRATE && iTmp != sti(ch.nation) && sti(ch.(sTemp)) == -5)
{
/*if (MOD_BETTATESTMODE == "On")
{
ch.(sTemp) = (7 + rand(8));
}
else
{ */
ch.(sTemp) = (1 + rand(5));
//}
i++;
}
}
// ÍÇÃ <--
break;

case "Adventurer":
break;

/* case "Inquisitor":
ch.perks.list.IronWill = "1";
break;

case "SecretAgent":
break; */

In order to use these changes you will have to start a new game, this will not affect saved games/ games in progress

Back