• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Monk dialog broken

A.H

Privateer
I have experienced this the past 3 patches.. the dialog with monks that stroll around outside city gates are broken and they just reply blank without saying anything.

I remember when I first started the game, they ask you some questions then you can choose what reward to get.. the codes for this don't seem to work in latest patches.

Attachments

• error.log
    604 bytes · Views: 107
Code:
                case "copper":
                    TakeItemFromCharacter(PChar, HOLYCROSS_COPPER);
                  break;

case "silver":
                    TakeItemFromCharacter(PChar, HOLYCROSS_SILVER);
                    // NK 05-07-03
                    ChangeHPBonus(&PChar, -sti(PChar.NoSave.HealthPoint));
                    ResetHP(&PChar);
                    /*NewHP = stf(PChar.chr_ai.hp) - stf(PChar.NoSave.HealthPoint);
                     LAi_SetHP(PChar, NewHP, NewHP);*/
                     // NK <--
                  break;

case "gold":
                    TakeItemFromCharacter(PChar, HOLYCROSS_GOLD);
                  break;

Guess the defines for the HOLYCROSS things are removed so it should just have an item id here right?
Didn't we disable the monk already btw?

Extract to PROGRAM\DIALOGS .

Didn't we disable the monk already btw?
No, why should we? I made a fix a while back that should make them less bugged than they were.
Possibly even working properly after ten years...?

Attachments

• monk_dialog.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 55
Yea my bad.. not thinking straight this time of night. i better go to bed before i cause any harm to my self :fiddle

Yea my bad.. not thinking straight this time of night. i better go to bed before i cause any harm to my self :fiddle
huh?

Perfect now it's working. This monk dialog file hasn't been included in the past 3 updates.. so now one more fix. Thanks a lot for the effort :D

@Levis I meant about this thread.. i created it in general POTC Mod forum instead of bug tracker or something

This monk dialog file hasn't been included in the past 3 updates.. so now one more fix.
Yep, it was indeed wrong. Odd, because I thought I did a pretty complete search-and-replace when I cleaned up some item code.
Apparently I missed a spot. Anyway, found, caught and fixed. :doff

YEs unfortunately when one gap closes, another opens.. bug fixing is like crime.. you stop at one place but it pops up at another location.

Back