• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More canon problems?

Radrunner

Powder Monkey
I used to have the ability to change the ammunition my companions used on their ships. I thought this was causing crash bugs, but think in the end it was related to my ship (blue bird) having spawned with a higher calibre of canon than it was able to have... either way, loaded earlier save, the crashing stopped.

Now, I cannot tell my companions to change ammo. The recharge/reload option is just... gone. I can still tell them to attack, defend, sail away, etc... but not change their ammo type. As a result, they use canon balls and canon balls only. Nothing else. Once they run out I just get a message about "what should we do, we're ouit of balls"? Which is kinda annoying when it's a MOW with thousands of rounds of bombs and they're complaining about lack of ammo/

Yes, they have the ammo, and yes, they have sufficient powder. I've checked repeatidly. The option to change ammo types appears on my ship, but my ship only. Ideas?

Thanks!

Weird :shrug

Never seen that one before. It sounds like a file corruption. My recommendation is that you do a clean uninstall and reinstall of the whole game and mods. Your saves will be OK as long as you just use the install/uninstall utility and not delete the base folder.

MK

Problem found!

The issue, is that I downloaded The Couleus Voiles mod, which allow you to change sail colour, insignia, etc as per the original AOP. For some reason, it also disables the ability to tell your companions to reload/recharge, so they only use one ammo.

Thats because its not CMV3.2 compatable. Its alway's a good idea to ask before installing mods over CMV3.2, yjrm we can inform you of possible problems.

...I did ask if the sail mod was compatible. Just never got a reply.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16991-change-sails-colors-as-in-aop1/

Oh ok, if you ask something like that and don't get a answer message someone on the COAS modding team and they'll tell you. Or use win merge and compare the files to those in the mod and see if anything in CMV3.2 isn't included in the mod and then you can simply move the changes over to the CMV3.2 files and make it compatable with the combined mod.

Back