• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More guns

JaM

Landlubber
Is possible make more gun types? Historically 12pdr guns were used for Frigates (12pdr for small ships like Lugger are too heavy...) , it would be nice to have 8,12,16,18,24,32pdr guns and have different types of ships of the same class (more frigates,brigs etc...)
Good idea could be weight parameter for guns. Heavyer guns - bigger negative speed bonus...

Just some ideas...

i kinda like that idea that could add a lot as far as tactics should you pound away with your guns and blow him to splinters or should you move in right away before you are blown away by heavier guns, i would really like the weight affecting preformance more so

i think it would be a very good idea... 9 and 18 pounders would be nice as well... and maybe make it so you can only eguip long cannons one size smaller then your maximum size??

<!--`QuoteBegin-JaM`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JaM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Good idea could be weight parameter for guns. Heavyer guns - bigger negative speed bonus..[/quote]
Cannons already do have a weight assigned to them and that is taken off the available space on your ship. So the larger and heavier cannons you are carrying the less cargo space you will have.
According to Nathan Kell on another post there already is some penalties in having a fully laden ship. So there already is that in the game but possibly without as much penalties as there would be in real life.

So far I believe that no one has managed to get the game engine to accept different sized cannons on the same ship as the game engine just can't accept it.

Also people are already working on new ships for the game, but as they take literally months of work then it will be some time before they start to get released.

well... but would it be possible to add other types of guns??... so f.eks a whole ship can be fittet with `6-9` pounders??

3 pounders!
I think that you'd do mare damage by throwing rocks at your opponents or you could try spitting at them ro even use harsh language :yes

I'm pretty sure that it is possible to add new sizes of guns, but it would involve modifying a number of files otherwise they might not work properly.

well... would it be easier to modify the present guns??... maybe remove downsize all of them and modify the damage on some of them??

It should be possible to modify the current cannons, but there might be just as much work involved as adding new cannon sizes.

The folder PROGRAMCANNONS contains the basic cannon information, but if you just change things in there then it will cause some problems as there are a load of other files that also use the cannon information.

It is possible to change the damage in the Cannons_init.c file but that would only apply to new games and probably not existing saved games.

Sirus_Darke: On the right track, but the build makes it a bit easier.
I rewrote that array so no need to restart, just up the Cannons_quantity variable.
And add the new defines, and new entries to cannons init.
Oh, and edit the functions that return cannon indices based on caliber.
So, I guess maybe it's not _so_ easy. :

And, yes, reinit will update cannon params (and add new ones, if you also add a line in there to up the cannons_quantity).

I want guns....
<span style='`font-size`:30pt;`line-height`:100%'>This big!!!!!</span>
:) :cheers :) xD: :cheeky
`artillery-pic`.jpg

:D :D

normaly those ships had swirvel guns ......
in calibre from 1 - 6 lbs
those where installed on for deck and the aft deck ......
and turned 360 degrees

Oh heck, Admiral8Q, why stop there???

bigbertha.jpg
:yes
The Gathmann Gun...

I would welcome some swivel guns on ships - but this has been brought up before and I don't think they can be done. :cheers

nathan... are you sure that a good old german ww1 train artillery wouldnt be more apropriate for the game??.... we could mount some rails on the mow and place it there :yes

Back