• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More than 1 national quest?

HorrorOfThe7Seas!

Sailor Apprentice
hi all .. i made a save game crossroad when buying french privateer patent in case when i fin french gg that i cant do pirates quests or 4 other nation (if getting more patents in the future)

anyway i wanted 2 ask before i fin french gg : is it possible 2 finish french gg and then return 2 the pirates quests and maybe get some other patent after finishing pirates quests or i really gotta choose only one from 4 nations and the pirates ;(
(im on half of french quests and pirate admiral morgan wont give me quest couse im involved with the french... can i continue morgans quest after french national quests are done?)

in case that the answer is only 1 nation or the pirates i would like 2 ask u fellaz 2 tell me the rewards in gg misions ( i dont mean gold:)

ps. how 2 get better soleiroyal that 12000hull(500better than mow) 6800hold(lower than default mow) 900crew(w/o overload) where can i apply the load before spawn trick 2 get better stats couse this stats suck ;d 4 the strongest ship in game

tnx in advance

any one help? :(( (so far as it seems ... when i fin french gg i cant do quests 4 other nations or the pirates) looks that im gonna have 2 finish french gg 2 find out... since no one is replaying here..

tnx 4 help all... look like nothing more 2 do than 2 uninstall the game since there is totally nothing 4 me 2 do anymore since :

1. cant do quests 4 morgan since i bought french patent

2. cant attack any ships exept the pirates couse if i attack spain (WITCH IS THE ONlY ENEMY I GOT!) if i do france takes away my patent)

3. CANT DO gg mission def porto de prince COUSE GGOvernor is in guadelupe half of year and i can take misssion only from there ...there is NO CHANCE 2 REACH PInce port in 4 days from guadelupe.... (i even tried 2 sleep 5 MONTHS! so maybe he go back 2 tortuga or somewhere closer 2 prince port...

4. 4th reason no one who finished the game (that probb about 80% of people visiting this forum) cant replay on my 2 QUESTIONS in 2 diferent topics...
....even creating the topic did not help me get any replays..

... only 2 things i can do (before removing this sh*t) is try 2 finish kill the baggers and COAS ... or return 2 the save i made before starting french and find out the answers my self 4 the questons no one helped me with....

What you also can do. Is wait since you have only posted this one day ago, and today it is very quite on the forum. So don't go on a rampage now. And it is very annoying to read your posts. Since it consists out of numbers CAPitAl LeTTERs and NoRML L3tters with no sense in it. Perhaps you should formulate it differently and don't make double topics for one question.

Sorry I can't help you out with this, because there is no retailer in the whole Benelux that has the game.

What you also can do. Is wait since you have only posted this one day ago, and today it is very quite on the forum. So don't go on a rampage now. And it is very annoying to read your posts. Since it consists out of numbers CAPitAl LeTTERs and NoRML L3tters with no sense in it. Perhaps you should formulate it differently and don't make double topics for one question.

Sorry I can't help you out with this, because there is no retailer in the whole Benelux that has the game.

well ... most of my questions can be answered by a few words some even with yes or no. did not figure i asked 2 much but this forum looked kinda more alive when i first come visit it.

anyway i am sorry 4 the caps and imperativ on few issues but i am having some terrible bugs with quests that drive me mad (as u can see;)

but i realy dont know what 2 do and im sure some of these sea wolfs can help...

>< i just cant beleve i finally made it 2 the prince port.. but in the meantime france has become neutral 2 the spanish .... so there fleet just stand in front of prince bay (like bugged bots with no waypoints ;d) and ofc if i start shooting france take away my patent/rank and put bounty on me... very nice since i cant do morgans quests ether saving grooms and ships is megaboring and i wanted 2 save COAS 4 last quest ..

sry again all but i realy wanted 2 keep playing this couse it totaly relaxes me from my mulityplayer longyear sickness:)

Thanks for the understanding. But I get what you mean. It is very lively most of time on the CoaS forum. I hope that someone will help you soon, but don't try to push it. As for the bugs: if Build 14 is done, we are likely to move on to CoaS so that these will get squashed eventually. But not within a year :p

I believe it has been asked and answered somewhere else in forum and as I recall you have to start pirate quest line first. Work your way through the quest line till you get to the next to last mission. Morgan will give you the option of going off and doing a nations questline. Ive never done the pirate questline myself, but thats the way it goes IIRC. If you start another nations quests first I dont think you can do the pirate questline. Might want to browse through the forums to see if answer is elsewhere to verify.

I believe it has been asked and answered somewhere else in forum and as I recall you have to start pirate quest line first. Work your way through the quest line till you get to the next to last mission. Morgan will give you the option of going off and doing a nations questline. Ive never done the pirate questline myself, but thats the way it goes IIRC. If you start another nations quests first I dont think you can do the pirate questline. Might want to browse through the forums to see if answer is elsewhere to verify.

Iv read whole form atleast 5 times before i posted my first post ... iv done as same as u , when morgan told me go do some national quests i went and did french gov general quests i came b after few months and he said ur involved with the french or so and wont give me quest.

Well you cant do both. Can only be loyal to one cause. Morgan gives you the option of going off and pledging to another nation, but if you do thats it. You are loyal to new nation. You can of course opt to not go to another nation and be loyal to pirates. But can only do one national questline per game. Pirates count as a national loyalty. I think we're on the same page here... Unless, did you finish you new national questline? Maybe thats the trick, cant go back to him till your done. But I'm pretty sure that you're done with pirates now that youve chosed new nation.

Iv read whole form atleast 5 times before i posted my first post ... iv done as same as u , when morgan told me go do some national quests i went and did french gov general quests i came b after few months and he said ur involved with the french or so and wont give me quest.
u need to finish that all french quests first.Then lose ur patent by attacking a french ship. I presume u havent done ur last pirate quest which was the raid on Panama. Also if u intend to do the spanish, english national quests, i think u better do them all before the Panama raid. Cos some pirates will be dead, and i think all national questline got involved in those pirates.

ps. how 2 get better soleiroyal that 12000hull(500better than mow) 6800hold(lower than default mow) 900crew(w/o overload) where can i apply the load before spawn trick 2 get better stats couse this stats suck ;d 4 the strongest ship in game

tnx in advance
u can't get soliel royal with better stats. Unless u change its stats on the ship.init and start a new game.Soleyroyal is unlike Dog of war,where u can savescum, solielroyal stats are fixed. But u can have 2 solielroyal which enough to make u king of the seas. Its firepower deal more damage than a normal manowar. One broadside at point blank can sink a heavy galleon or warship.

u need to finish that all french quests first.Then lose ur patent by attacking a french ship. I presume u havent done ur last pirate quest which was the raid on Panama. Also if u intend to do the spanish, english national quests, i think u better do them all before the Panama raid. Cos some pirates will be dead, and i think all national questline got involved in those pirates.

tnx i needed some hope about going back 2 pirates but im stuck in defence of porto prince couse france is neutral to spain ... i dont know how or when to expect that spain becoes enemy again..

defense of Port-au prince?
Normally the quest should be like this;
when the general-governor give u the quest, U are at Tortuga, then u sail to port -au prince (must be within 1 week) and exit to sea near the fort. There u should see those spainish ships there. U attack those spanish ships and go back to governor, quest done.

But i can see that ur on a different year, maybe beyond year 1668? Thats when spanish and france are neutral. (right now i am in year 1672 and they are still neutral--so u are going to wait forever) Nevertheless, u attack those ships,point your cannon at them and fire them, and of course the fort wouldnt be helping you. And in doing so, u also lost ur french privateeer patent. After u sink all of them, u go buy a french patent and go back to the governor.

I finished french gg and when i get dutch patent gov general tells me i got something with france he wont tell me duch secrets :) i even tried 2 atack french 2 loose there patent and then buy dutch patent. but still same message from gov. general of holland.. . im sure som1 said u can finish all national quests .. ? or 1 national quest per game??

plz guys damn dutch gov. general wont give me quest if i get patent or lose by attacking french and then get patent.. im stuck ;d i can do morgans atack on panama quest tho ;d is it realy posible that only 1 national quest can be finished per game ;d?

since i cant edit my last replay i wanted 2 tell u what message i get ... he tells me "iv heard storys uv been moonlighting with french, whatever are your leaks i suggest u cut them before i enthrust u with my secrets ... ;d how 2 cut the connection if not by loosing patent d

Player cannot pass more then one national quest by the game because it has same story part by different side. Example - You cannot kill Morgan and after continue deal with him.
And before finish one of the national quests free-world is paused (player cannot take town to self and generator of change towns owner by nation stoped)

well ye i figured 2 no more than 1 national quest damn tnx mate anyway now i got coas quest, enchanted city (witch i cant start couse when ever i visit cascaras tavern is same like any other). tenocticlan that is bugged and i gota change those filles , musket quest (no luck finding that ship few years) and after that game over :( ( well tnx anyway 4 making clear 2 me that game is alot shorter that i thought ,

Back