• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Morgan Quest bug!

Takeda-One

Prussian Corsair
Storm Modder
Hi folks,

the morgan quest of my copy is broken! Edward Law doesn't show up even after 1 month hanging around in the near of Cumana! What can I do?

You need a low-level ship, like a lugger. Aside from that I'm in the same boat (har har), he won't how up for me. I fear there's a hidden time limit because when I actually land in Cumana port I get a questbook update saying it's too late to find him, and I lose the quest coz Morgan thinks I'm a lousy scrub.

You need a Sloop, then hand around in sail mod near Cumana, he'll show up after a while.

I'm not sure of a time limit but if that has happened then there must be one. We did look into this quest already and expand on how many shiup types you could use, the Bermuda Sloop and other class 7 ships should be fine to use aswell.

I have a lugger (which is like sloop class 6), but my latest logbook entry is from the bartender (giving me the Cumana hind), So it depends on the ship-class not the type? But long schould I wait, its awfull cruising on the map with such a bad vessel, I have to evade other Pirates and patrols all the time!!

Lugger should work, I think I've done it with lugger...anyway: "Sail out the Cumana, go to world map and sail around a bit, but don't go too far: The Sea Wolf is out there. When you return to sail mode you should see Sea Wolf in "sail to" (when I was looking for it, I barely found it near a beach just south of Port of Spain - still mainland - and it was about 4000 yards away, anyway, when you see it in "sail to", just leave the selection on it and turn the view around until you see the arrows on the horizon and after that just sail towards it - you can't actually use "sail to" to get to it, since it's flying a pirate flag)."

Ok since i fixed this problem originally where the quest was broken due to the Sloop not been where the file said it should be i have just checked to see what ships are allowed for this quest and in ships.H any ship from 0 to 17 are allowed to be used those ships are.

Tartane
War Tartane
Gunboat
Bermuda Sloop
Edinburg
Cutter
LuggerVML
Lugger
Pink
Heavy Lugger
Heavy Galeoth
Sloop
Ketch
Yatch
Sloop Cutter
Bounty
Barque
Colonial Schooner

I know it works with the Sloop because thats the ship i used, i did test other ships but can't remember which they was i'm 90% sure i tested it with the Bermuda Sloop aswell. I will be going back and testing this all out anyway one day to make sure that its fully working for all those ships listed above. :onya

I do not use a CM version, what file defines the functions for this Quest? I can not wait a hole year cruising around! I have to fix this myself, so what did you do luke?

I'm not telling because your not using CMV. :rolleyes: :whipa

Go into Program\Quests == reaction_functions.C and search for.
Code:
if (GetCompanionQuantity(pchar) <= 1 && sti(RealShips[sti(pchar.ship.type)].basetype) < 4)

Once found change "4" to what ever value you want.
Code:
< 4)

This value uses the order of the ships in ships.H so go into Program\Ships == ships and look at what wish to be included, so lets say you wanted all ships up to the Light Galleon aka SHIP_GALEON_L then the new value would be 11. All ships up to that ship can be used when trying to complete the quest kill Edward Low.

Hope this helps. :onya

Back