• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved MOWs run out of powder

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
So this question is mainly for Luke159 but if someone else knows please by all means chime in.

Have any of you seen large MOWs run out of ammo relatively quickly because they have TONS of bombs, knipples, grape and balls aboard, but very little powder??? Its easy to cheat when this happens and batter the crap out of em without getting damaged and boarding with little effort.

I recently edited all the ships_init numbers in GOF eras and downsized the MOWs cargo holds a little as I've always thought they were ridiculously large. Now I get mows that won't fire a shot because they have NO powder aboard.

So my question is: Is there a file I can edit which will govern the amounts of standard stores found aboard ships?

If I cant find this file, then I will have to make the cargo hold numbers even higher than they were before.

MK

Thats a good question, I never thought about where or how the game determines how much powder or supplies a ship carries.

Hey MK, Try this code, I think this is all that needs to be modified and you can modify each type (Merchant, Pirate, Military and for the mod switch realistic reloading) Program\SEA_AI == AIFantom.c.

Code:
 float fKBase = 7 - GetCharacterShipClass(rFantom);
if (fKBase <= 0) fKBase = 0.7; // áàðêàñ
if (GetCharacterShipClass(rFantom) == 1) fKBase = fKBase * 1.6; //ìíîãî ïóøåê, áîëüøîé ðàñõîä
float fKBalls;
switch (sFantomType)
{
  case "war":
  fKBalls = fKBase * 1.5;
  break;
  case "trade":
  fKBalls = fKBase * 0.7;
  break;
  case "pirate":
  fKBalls = fKBase * 1.0;
  break;
}

if (Realistic_Reloading) {
  // JA, fix for ships running out of ammo on realistic settings
  fKBalls = fKBalls * 3;
}

So by setting each base case ammo number "fkBalls" lower you think that I will get more powder? You can see in your example that "war" is larger than the others.

Looking at the file I notice it only has balls and not grape or knipple. I'm guessing fkBalls in this case is governing all ammo types with the exception of powder.

So if I change the "war" case from 1.5 down to say the same as pirates at 1.0 perhaps the ships will have powder.

I will experiment and let you know how it turns out.

Many Thanks Luke!!! :onya

MK

Your welcome bud.:onya

By lowering the value from 1.5 to 1.0, all war ships should carry less ammo, increasing it should mean they carry more. I'm sure there was some code added or changed to effect how much powder ships carry aswell, I know JA worked on this because of the RTBL settings where ships would have a crap load of ammo but no powder left. I'll dig around and see if I can find it, then you have the option to either increase ammo or reduce it or balance it out more.

No problem bud, as soon as I get time I will try to dig out the coding that Jonathan made or modified for the powder.:onya

Back