• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Multiplayer possible!

mrpirate101

Landlubber
i have just found a folder (NET) in program folder that would suggest the possibility of online multiplayer gameplay. if possible would someone send me a link to download the files that make it possible on aop so that i can start testing to get it working, unlike modding ships which i have no experience. this sort of thing i have experience with. i have owned many private servers on many different games and strongly belive i can find a way to get it working with the help of my friend who is a genius at coding and also online networks.

if possible would someone leave me the link or maybe tell me where i can find them.

thank you.

i have just found a folder (NET) in program folder that would suggest the possibility of online multiplayer gameplay. if possible would someone send me a link to download the files that make it possible on aop so that i can start testing to get it working, unlike modding ships which i have no experience. this sort of thing i have experience with. i have owned many private servers on many different games and strongly belive i can find a way to get it working with the help of my friend who is a genius at coding and also online networks.

if possible would someone leave me the link or maybe tell me where i can find them.

thank you.

Here ya go....
View attachment AOP_net.rar

thank you.

Here ya go....
[attachment=4919:AOP_net.rar]

i'll keep you updated ok

The MP files are scattered about for sure. Enabling it is the trick. There are lots of stuff that's commented out and we need to dig around all the files in the game that could be related in someway and comment them back into the game. I know for sure there are some files in the locations folder I believe that also served as MP maps but had that function disabled. Most are out at sea, others in a jungle.

alright i suggest everone takes a look around and send me any files that may be associated with the multiplayer side of the game. that way i can see what i have and then i can see where i need to start from.

The problem with making this into a multiplayer game is that there are so many different mods out there for this game and it's very easy to alter the mechanics of the ships, cannons, weapons, characters, etc. that someone could easily make themselves a ship and character with near infinite health (just short of god mode) and cannons that can sink a ship in one hit and take no time at all to reload. It's a great idea if there's a level playing field, but that just isn't the case. You would have a mix of players that play the game completely legit, some light modders, and some serious heavy-duty modders that would just make things too imbalanced. If you can find a way to make multiplayer work on a level playing field tho, it would be pretty great.

Yes i agree there needs to be a way to proevent anyone playing with edited files. Example if playing with vanilla game anyone who edits a file is automatically stopped from playing MP (of course it would depend on the file edited) if its a weather file or something that wouldn't effect gameplay then that would be fine but anything that could give the player an advantage would automatically stop them from goining MP games in less playing someone with the exact same edits. Rome Total War comes to mind here and how that was coded for MP games, if that was possible then we would see people using CMV3.1.5 or what ever version is out at that point and playing online but they wouldn't be able to play against anyone who doesn't have that mod installed.

I think it's safe to say, no knows what kind of file checking system the game has for MP, if any at all.

I think it's safe to say, no knows what kind of file checking system the game has for MP, if any at all.

Actually, while I was the system operator of the Discovery Italy GC Server for Freelancer, I uploaded all the mod's files on the server as a check-list. Every player that had different version of any kind of file on my server (my own computer) was kicked. This is a good way to avoid alteration of unwanted files by third parties as lolwuts and other kind of ungovernable people that don't know what a fair game is.

Back