• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Multiple items of the same type increasing abilities multiple times

eXdreamer

Landlubber
Do multiple items of the same type that increase abilities work only as one item, or does each item add more to the ability? Say I have some item that gives +10 to stealthiness. Do 3 such items give +30 to stealthiness?

Hi,

It'd be better if the books etc. were kept in the ships locker and gave the same skill bonus....too much weight carrying them all around.

Hi,

It'd be better if the books etc. were kept in the ships locker and gave the same skill bonus....too much weight carrying them all around.

Agreed, I have a huge book bag currently. Your idea would be way better. Additionally, it would be even better if you didn't get credit for them being in your cabin's chest unless you opened and read each book.

Does anyone know how we might go about achieving this in the code?

MK

Hi MK,

Glad it's not just me that feels this way.

For the code aspect.....if it could be coded so that when special items are kept in the ships cabin locker they give the same perks as when carrying them....but say,(i.e. books),allow a few days or a week,(gametime), to read before they come into effect,....that'd be more realistic and would not overweigh & clutter up your personal inventry.
Don't know this but if you give an officer a book corresponding to his job, does it boost his abilities?, if not it should do.

damski.

Hi,

Agreed, I have a huge book bag currently. Your idea would be way better. Additionally, it would be even better if you didn't get credit for them being in your cabin's chest unless you opened and read each book.

Does anyone know how we might go about achieving this in the code?

MK

If it's hard to code, how about reducing or removing the weight of the books? Would that be possible? I know it's not realistic if they don't have mass, but personally I wouldn't mind. Currently with all my necessary stuff + books the weight is around 140/190

Another thing is the maps. They don't weight as much as the books, but still weight quite a lot if carry all of them. However, the worse thing is scrolling through inventory (in stores, in my chest at the ship) with all the maps there. It doesn't take that much time if you do it once, but after I had done it like 200 times, I started to gnash my teeth. Would it be possible to have "map tube" or similar to gather the maps? I'd love that mechanic, but I have no idea how hard that would be to code.

Keero

Back