• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mummy powder quest

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: Hi, I'm trying to get started with thw mummy powder quest, but after having visited a number of stores I did not get the request for it yet, Questions:
1. is there a specific sequence of dialog to follow in order to get the request or the 'right' store keeper would ask for it anyway?
2. is the mummy powder quest started only if you have completed some other quest as a sort of pre-requirement? If yes what?
Thx

:rolleyes: Hi, I'm trying to get started with thw mummy powder quest, but after having visited a number of stores I did not get the request for it yet, Questions:
1. is there a specific sequence of dialog to follow in order to get the request or the 'right' store keeper would ask for it anyway?
2. is the mummy powder quest started only if you have completed some other quest as a sort of pre-requirement? If yes what?
Thx

Hi, there is no squence to follow, just one of the traders will tell you to find it (random as almost everything in the game). However, there is a way to know who exactly is the trader (shopkeeper) using beta test mode. Of course, if you don't want to use cheats, then you will have to speak with every shopkeeper (not traders outside the houses) until one gives you the quest (they give you the quest when you're leaving, or at least that happened to me).

BetaTestMode:
1.- Open the file _mod_on_off.h wich is in (by default) C:\Program files\Playlogic\Age of pirates 2\Program with a basic text editor (notepad, notepad++, but not office word nor openoffice writter).
2.- Go to line 15 and search for the exact line: #define MOD_BETTATESTMODE "Off".
3.- Where it says Off you must write On between quotes: "On". It's Case sensitive, so on is not the same as On.
4.- Save the file and start the game.
5.- Now, by pressing F11 will bring a menu with many functions as buttons (from F1 to F30). By pressing the F22 button you will get the location of the shop owner wich will give you the quest and other things.

3.png

4.png

By the way, don't close the window by pressing OK, because it will load the City of Abandoned Ships map and will break the game, so close it by clicking on the X button.

Now, to go back to normal (without the beta test mode), simply edit the file _mod_on_off.h, replacing the "On" by the "Off", save the file and restart the game.

Warning: you may have problems with the mouse/keyboard if you saved your game while in beta mode. If so, then load your game, press TAB to open the menu, move down with the arrow keys to the options, then move down (with arrow keys) until you reach the button restore to dafaults. Save your game after fixing this, else you'll have to do it again.

Hope it will be of help.

Greetings.

:onya Hi Landrubber,
thank you very mauch, you've been kind and clear. Now, a few question on the beta test mode, for I don't wanna screw things up.
1. Buttons F1 through F22 are allocated to specific tasks: I woul like details on the meaning and usage of
ID current location and position
Give next quest line
worldmap encounters on/off
quest list to PCHAR
2. What's linked with F22 up to F30: is each one linked with a specific quest? which one?
3. By pressing F22 I got info about the mummy powder quest, I read
- Randon shipyarder: is the one that gives the tools to open the lamp once fiund it?
- Annals locator: Terks_Grot, is the grotto in which you are supposed to find the 'tablet' to opne the grave in Guadalupe?
Annals locater: item1, what can you tell ne aobout this? Same on 'Hearing on a flute of the trader not actiated'
4. I heard of a 'locator' feature', which shows you where a specific object is, do you have any further instructions on this?
To many things? xD: Sorry to bother you, I would appreciate it very much if you could answer my questions. Best regards

to Landrubber or whom may be concerned: I modified _mod_on_off.h, started the game and found that Belize is the place where I should find the shop keeper AND the trader for the mummy powder, also there is a reference to 'Terks' island. Now I'm gonna go back to off betatestmode, I presume that Belize and all the other stuff is still valid, correct? This will not ever change, won't it?

Back