• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Music files , Gentlemen of Fortune v.2.0.8

Agamemnon74

Powder Monkey
Hello, it has been years since I last played this, and I have recently installed this game and it is running 100 %, I just wanted to add some more music to the game as it gets repetitive , however I cannot locate the folder where the music files are stored! The music that I can find is located in Playlogic, Age of Pirates 2, RESOURCE, Sounds, MUSIC.
However , these are NOT the music tracks being played by the game! Can anyone suggest where the music is hiding?? One of the tracks is called Vangelis I think , but I cannot find this anywhere within the Playlogic folder. The only music in the Music folder are the original pieces from the old SeaDogs game. :shock:shock How is this even possible? I have played each track to check but there are none of the music files in there that are featured in the gameplay.
Grateful if someone could help.

Hello, it has been years since I last played this, and I have recently installed this game and it is running 100 %, I just wanted to add some more music to the game as it gets repetitive , however I cannot locate the folder where the music files are stored! The music that I can find is located in Playlogic, Age of Pirates 2, RESOURCE, Sounds, MUSIC.
However , these are NOT the music tracks being played by the game! Can anyone suggest where the music is hiding?? One of the tracks is called Vangelis I think , but I cannot find this anywhere within the Playlogic folder. The only music in the Music folder are the original pieces from the old SeaDogs game. :shock:shock How is this even possible? I have played each track to check but there are none of the music files in there that are featured in the gameplay.
Grateful if someone could help.
The path you said is correct and at least for me it does contain the music the game plays.
You can test this yourself by replacing the files in there with some other ogg files, but I think they must be named the same for the game to play them.
You are able to just replace music so long as you use the same file names, but I don't know if the game will play new music you just put in there; nor do I really know what you would need to change in order to make it play files you put in.
Also, If I am correct, by "Vangelis" You mean conquest of the paradise, right?
That is the file 70-ConquestParadise.ogg

Hi Sand 2 Go , thanks for taking the time to reply. For some reason the music files Resource, Sounds, MUSIC were not the ones being played by the game , I even removed all of the music files that were in the folder, and the same tracks kept playing during the game, there must have been another folder somewhere else on my PC , I spent a couple of hours searching every directory but could find no likely folder.
I have completely uninstalled the game and all it's folders and am currently re installing from scratch to see if this happens again.
Age of Pirates 2 vanilla version
Gentlemen of Fortune 2
:fiddle

Installed AoP 2 vanilla version, then GoF 2 into the same directory, same problem, there are only a small number of music files, I have test played each one and they are the old files from AoP 2 , not the Vivaldi , Bach etc as used in the modded game. Weird. How can the game access music from another folder?
The only way I can see a list of modded music files is if I install Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2 , this deposits a new selection of music into the MUSIC folder, but Gentlemen of Fortune 2 does not. The GoF 2 just keeps playing the same pieces over and over (ConquestParadise) , irritating. Cannot find ConquestParadise on my PC anywhere!

Installed AoP 2 vanilla version, then GoF 2 into the same directory, same problem, there are only a small number of music files, I have test played each one and they are the old files from AoP 2 , not the Vivaldi , Bach etc as used in the modded game. Weird. How can the game access music from another folder?
The only way I can see a list of modded music files is if I install Gentlemen of Fortune 1.2 , this deposits a new selection of music into the MUSIC folder, but Gentlemen of Fortune 2 does not. The GoF 2 just keeps playing the same pieces over and over (ConquestParadise) , irritating. Cannot find ConquestParadise on my PC anywhere!
Huh....
That is weird.
The game should not be able to access sounds outside of the sounds folder; and yet somehow, the music it plays doesn't exist?
I am pretty sure that the mod adds Conquest of Paradice. Did you search for it using the full file name or just "Conquest paradise"?
It doesn't show up for me if I type "Conquest" but it does when I search 70 in the sounds folder.
Yet again it really shouldn't be in a different folder, and as you said, you have checked the music folder.
I am afraid that I personally can't help you much, other than maybe sending you my music folder and seeing if it plays the music then.

Something is wrong, not sure what that could be.
The only thing I can think of is maybe you have two installations of the game and you are searching for the music in the stock game's folder.
Unless if your game installed under the "Program files" folder. (Problem files as I sometimes call it.)
If so maybe try to reinstall the game, but outside of it as it can mess up stuff sometimes.
For example install the game under "C:\Games\".

Thanks for the assistance from both of you, I have some experience with computers, having built my current PC for gaming , Ghost Recon, Metro Exodus, Kingdom Come Deliverance etc, I am running windows 10 , with a good graphics card, sometimes I like to go back to old games that made an impression. I even installed the original Sea Dogs without any problems.
I completely uninstalled Age of Pirates 2, with G.oF 2 from the computer, and re installed to Programs to see how that would go, interestingly, there is now no Playlogic folder! just 'Age of Pirates 2 ' now in my 'Programs' folder. Still the mod music coming from somewhere ! If I test play each of the music tracks in the MUSIC folder they are the old tracks from the vanilla Age of Pirates 2. so even if I re-named them it wouldnt help, having tried by removing all these tracks leaving the MUSIC folder empty,it made no difference.
G.oF 1.2 does install a large new set of music files, but GoF2 does not. (I un-installed GoF 1.2) The version I have is GoF 2.1.5 , is there another updated version available? The game runs well , there must be a simple explanation for the mystery music ! There are 27 OGG files in the MUSIC folder , many are actually from the original Sea Dogs game, the music I am getting in the modded game (GoF 2) is from Master and Commander etc. These are not in the MUSIC folder. Even if there was another music folder residing elsewhere , I wouldn't have thought the game would be able to use files from outside the MUSIC folder contained in Age of Pirates 2, Resource, Sounds .... none of this seems to make sense. :shock Should I try to install to a desktop folder? having tried Programs x86 and Programs, with no difference.

Should I try to install to a desktop folder? having tried Programs x86 and Programs, with no difference.
"Program files" and "Program files x86" are the two folders you should avoid.
Install the game under "C:\Games". Not sure if it will fix it but worth a try. (I wouldn't recommend installing it to a desktop folder.)

Back