• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

music static

cmdrquan

Landlubber
avast,

i have recently had problems hearing the music, it seems full of static. i noticed this after downloading and unpacking the m&c or cutthroat island pack.

is it from the low quality of these files? my guess is not because the default potc sounds are low too annnnd i didnt notice this problem before.

i play other mp3/ogg/wavs fine in winamp/itunes so it seems not a codec problem. however the potc audio on winamp sounds scratchy like it does in game.

i recently upped my swapfile size which helps a little, but ive had potc on the same pc since it came out and never had performance issues.

as no one else has reported similar problems i dont know want to do.

That's odd. Since when did this problem occur? And what recent changes have you made to your computer? Any drivers you updated? Try this: Run the Config.exe in your main PotC folder and enable "Safe mode" for the sound if it's off or disable it if it's on. See if that makes a difference.

problem solved. just in case people are having similar difficulties, make sure sound hardware acceleration is not totally off (available in start->run->dxdiag

Back