• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Music used in GOF 2.0?

Captain Rico

Landlubber
I cannot seem to find anywhere what music was used in this mod, I had a look at the files too and can't seem to find anything (unless I am hyper blind)

(unless I am hyper blind)
Please don't use disabilities for derogatory language. (Blind people can find things and read as well as anyone else.)

I cannot seem to find anywhere what music was used in this mod,
Have you checked the mod's Readme (towards the end)?

From the GOF ERAS 2 Readme:
MUSIC:

The music is mostly classical but there are a few odd movie music clips and classical fusion pieces. I would like to thank Freddie Hangoler and Dante Amerisi for allowing me to use their creative modern classical fusion pieces in the game and would encourage those interested to look up their names on google and find their videos...very creative and interesting.

I would also like to thank Xavier diaz-latorre for allowing me to use his fine lute renditions of Bach's music. Please look up his YouTube videos, they are brilliant!

I highly recommend you take a listen to Alison Balsom's videos on YouTube. Her EMI recordings are unbelieveable and I own them all. She is a very talented musician that has done some really
original things with pieces not arranged for trumpet.

Last if you haven't listened to Collegium 1704 you're missing out. Collegium 1704 conducted by Vaclav Luks offers some of the most perfect baroque music available today. Their renderings of Zelenka's works are superb and without equal.

I tried to use music that was fitting for the locations. Where possible I used ethnically germane composers... so Wassenauer for Dutch towns, Purcell, Avison and Handel for English, Lully for French, Nebra for Spain... I would also be remiss if I did not give Sedulius credit for the base music mod that I built this one on top of. Only about one fifth of his original music is still in the current music modpack however.

- Antonio Vivaldi - I would estimate that a third of the music in the game is Vivaldi
- Johann Sebastian Bach
- Giuseppi Torelli
- Georg Phillip Tellemann
- Johann Baptist Vanhal
- Jan Dismass Zelenka
- Johan Adoloph Haas - the opening video music is by Hass
- Charles Avison
- Sylvius Leopold Weiss
- Unico Van Wassanuer - music heard in the Dutch towns
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- George Frederic Handel
- Henry Purcell
- Jean-Baptiste Lully
- Tomaso Albinoni
- Johan Fredrich Fasch
- José Blasco de Nebra
- John E. Keane - the Hornblower track
- Christopher Gordon - Master and Commander
- Jeff Van Dyck - MTWII
- James Vincent - MTWII
- Richard Vaughan - MTWII
- Karl Jenkins - Adiemus
- Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou (also known as Vangelis) - Dies Irae theme heard while fighting and the Conquest of Paradise track in Spanish towns and at sea.

Groups and individual musical artists:

- Collegium 1704 - Vaclav Luks
- Alison Balsom
- Adiemus - Karl Jenkins
- Izhak Perlman
- Academy of Saint Martin in the Fields - Sir Neville Mariner
- I Solisti di Veneti - Claidio Scimone
- Academy of Ancient Music - Christopher Hogwood (AWESOME!)
- Trevor Pinnock
- Phillipe Jarousski
- Nigel North

Pieces from Sea Dogs 1 are composed by Yury Poteyenko, performed by the Russian Philharmonia and the chamber choir of Moscow State Conservatory:
Sea Dogs: Gentlemen o' Fortune Get an Epic Soundtrack (Review)

Last edited:
Please don't use disabilities for derogatory language. (Blind people can find things and read as well as anyone else.)
Of course they can.
I'd read that as a metaphor.
I use it often enough too...

Have you checked the mod's Readme (towards the end)?
I've been curious if there's any unique music in CoAS and TEHO as well.
I know there was music written for Sea Dogs, PotC and AoP: Caribbean Tales.
But PotC uses stuff from some other game too, I believe; which I never fully managed to figure out.

In the PotC Build Mod's music_alias file, we marked in comments the source of mod-added pieces of music.
Not sure if GoF does that too...

Pieces from Sea Dogs 1 are composed by Yury Poteyenko, performed by the Russian Philharmonia and the chamber choir of Moscow State Conservatory:
Sea Dogs: Gentlemen o' Fortune Get an Epic Soundtrack (Review)
Good CD!
I have it here at home.
Along with the Caribbean Tales one.

Of course they can.
I'd read that as a metaphor.
I use it often enough too...
No Pieter. Just no. :eek:

Certain language uses and "metaphors" are designed to hurt:

To be disabled, and proud of it, and alive

Dear sighted people:

Words to describe people with disability – People with Disability Australia

What is ableist language and what’s the impact of using it? – People with Disability Australia

‘Lame,’ ‘stand up’ and other words we use to insult the disabled without even knowing it

http://www.aucd.org/docs/add/sa_summits/Language Doc.pdf

For what the Blind community thinks about sighted people using their disability derogatively and for ableist "metaphors" and jokes in language, see:

actuallyblind | Tumblr

If still in doubt, substitute the word "blind" for the word "black", and you'll get a full picture of just how discriminatory and derogatory/offensive this use of language really is (whether it was meant to be or not):
I cannot seem to find anywhere what music was used in this mod, I had a look at the files too and can't seem to find anything (unless I am hyper black)
Not to mention that the latter, ableist remark in the brackets was completely unnecessary.

The only time this is okay is if it is used by a blind person in (confident/proud and) self-deprecating humour.

Last edited:
Back