• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed musket and barrionet knife amount reduced

Equipping and sheathing a weapon also has the side effect of converting a musket + bayonet into separate musket and bayonet. There was a bug in which occasionally officers would gain an extra musket and bayonet. The problem with losing muskets and bayonets is presumably a result of an attempt to fix that bug.

For a laugh, go and stand in front of some town guards, draw and sheathe your weapon, and imagine yourself yelling "Squad! Attention!". Sometimes town guards have their muskets in hip mode. Equipping and sheathing your weapon has the side effect of putting everyone's musket into shoulder mode, provided of course that they're not in active combat. Which means you get to make the town guards shoulder their weapons. xD

Which means you get to make the town guards shoulder their weapons.
Which is actually the idea as they don't always set their muskets into shoulder mode by themselves. :shrug

Which is actually the idea as they don't always set their muskets into shoulder mode by themselves. :shrug
I do still wonder why that is. If everything works entirely as intended, should it not work even without that failsafe?

Yes It should. I also have trouble fixing the amount of muskets bug. The problem I guess
is when many characters fire or draw/sheathe their weapons at about the same time.

I have got so far that mainchar musket + bayonet amount is ok whatever you do.
Officers sometimes can get +1 or -1 (if they've got > 1). I seriously consider to limit the amount of muskets an officer
can have to 1, as that works well.

I seriously consider to limit the amount of muskets an officer
can have to 1, as that works well.
So if an unsuspecting player hands several muskets to one officer, possibly by mistake because he clicked the icon to give all of an item when he should have clicked the icon to give a single item, then all but one musket will disappear?

Yes It should. I also have trouble fixing the amount of muskets bug. The problem I guess
is when many characters fire or draw/sheathe their weapons at about the same time.
Is that not the reason why we rewrote it to use "PostEvent" calls instead?
It could be that only half works, because a lot of the code still uses quest cases.
Those should not be necessary though and could probably be replaced with more general function calls.

So if an unsuspecting player hands several muskets to one officer, possibly by mistake because he clicked the icon to give all of an item when he should have clicked the icon to give a single item, then all but one musket will disappear?
Why should that happen? That's not the case if you try to supply your officers with more ammo than they can take.

Okay, I have fixed the bug when pchar's amount of musket & bayonet were reduced.
Also for pistolmketB.

With only one of these there wasn't and isn't any bug for anyone.

For officers with more than one I have not been able to fix it so I have choosed to limit
their amount to one. Which works fine. And transfer no problem!

I'll leave it like that for now. No visible bugs.

Attachments

• JRH musket & bayonet amount bugfix 16-07-14.7z
    50.4 KB · Views: 63
Back