• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Muskets on warships

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Something I feel bad about: The crew on all warships is now equipped with musket and
bayonets, and I relay dont like that.Takes the fun about boarding away from me. Some of the
crew dont use them, they are using there fist instead. So I dont like this at all, and I dont think
its historical correct. Personal I want it back to where it was before this update, so where is
the file that defines the warship crews weapons?
I think theres is a lot of weird stuff going on in this update, but I have been low ( my health)
for a time, so I have not had the strength to look into it or report it.

It is this section in PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_boarding.c that does it:
Code:
     if(!IsShipMerchant(boarding_enemy) && boarding_enemy_nation != PIRATE && !CheckAttribute(boarding_enemy, "skipSoldierWeapons"))
     {
       GiveSoldierWeapon(chr, boarding_enemy_nation);   // ARF: Update Soldier Weapons
     }

We've been talking about it here: Fix in Progress - Soldier Weapon Types During Boarding | PiratesAhoy!

Since nobody managed to point towards any decision on it, I have put no further effort into it either.

My last comment in that thread was:
Personally I'd be quite happy just to let boarders have random weapons as they always used to. ;)
At least on this issue, it seems I am not alone.

Presumably commenting out that section would put boarder weapons back to normal.

I had rather hoped that at the very least, somebody would be willing to make that feature at least as good as it can reasonably and easily be.

Presumably commenting out that section would put boarder weapons back to normal.
Yep. :yes

Back