• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My guns fall off

Hyde911

Sailor Apprentice
Ahoy
My guns fall off in numbers. I started game recently (i play SOAS 3.1.5 mod). I have 20 gun ship and sometimes I loose 6 guns at once in first shot (!) of the battle. How to stop it??

That is impossible, did you move the files from the folders or move the programs and resouces folders over to the game directory?

Reason i ask is because some folders have problems like cannons is called CANNONS in COAS main directory but in CMV3.1.5 a mistake was made and the folder is called cannons so it doesn't overwrite the previous folder and therefore isn't using the files that have been updated.

This is one a 3 or 4 folders to have this problem, CMV3.2 will have this all fixed so all folders are overwrote as they should be. My tip for yourself and anyobe else who is going to install CMV3.1.5 is extract the file to a folder on the desktop then compare each folder and rename if they are different to the ones in the directory or move just the files from the folders to the same folders in the game directory.

I extracted mod archive and move all folders to the game directory overwriting all files.I have renamed all folders names in capitals but it didn't help.
This lost of six guns in one shot is extreme case but it happened at least 3 times. But I loose lot of guns during battles though.

There are other problem with game (with mod I guess). Often ship which have much health left is suddenly sunk. Maybe only health bar doesn't shows damage correctly. But generally I think that ships take damage too slowly.It would take me lot of time to sink even such small ship like tartane. And cannonballs do more damage than bombs (according to description in game).

I think I going to play the game without mod because obviously something is wrong with it.

Well CMV3.2 you will see this has changed since you will be able to select which damage ratio you wish, stock game or RTBL. The guns hp levels are higher than in CMV3.1.5 so you will see less cannon fall out, however in real life a single broadside could wipe out several guns. I'm guessing you was using 4IBs cannons which have very low health, if you was using something like 24Ibs or above then i would say it sounds like something doesn't get installed correctly.

You did start a new game when you installed CMV3.1.5?

Now I use 22lbs and loose many guns. Worst thing is that even if I'm not under fire I'm loosing guns when I shot.
I reinstalled game and mod, it didn't help. And of course I started new game after installing the mod.

You reinstalled the mod and started a new game, did you uninstall COAS and delete all files and folder's after the game was uninstalled?

Yes I deleted all folder after uninstalling the game (except saves folder) and no I didn't start new game after reinstall. I'll do that. But I've noticed that unfixing and fixing guns from time to time helps, guns last much longer.
Thanks for help BTW.

A new game would be required for testing reasons. Anyway, are you attacking or taking part in many naval battles?

Both. I attack and join battles. I'll make new game and see what happen.
BTW when CMV2.0 is going to come out??

Its currently going through some final phases then it will be in testing for its final phase before release, maybe a week or 2 to goIt could be before then but i would say no longer than 2 weeks but that is not a deffinate just a guess.

I think you have something wrong some where, when you installed CMV3.1.5 i think you may have had some files not replace there old ones and thats why your getting these problems. The general rule is the higher the calibure the more damage it can take before exploding. If your fighting a lot of naval battles then that will course the guns to fall out quicker than someone who only engages in battles they can't escape from or are forced to fight.

Removing the guns after a battle and then remounting them seems to delay the gun fall out problem as it fixes the guns or something not sure, but in real life the guns would have been pulled in and cleaned between battles and when they wasn't fighting the guns would have been cleaned every day as part of the ships upkeep. I expect thats what happens when you unmount and remount the guns. :shrug

4, 6, 8 and 10Ibs will be weak but each calibure will be better than the previous and take a little more damage. In CMV3.2 we have removed some calibures to allow for a more realistic loading times, damage etc and this obviously means the calibures are much stronger than in CMV3.2.5.

Here's a rough idea how it goes for CMV3.1.5.
Code:
4 Ibs = 10
6Ibs = 15
8Ibs = 20
10Ibs = 25
12Ibs = 30
14Ibs = 35
16Ibs = 40
18Ibs = 45
20Ibs = 50
22Ibs = 55
24Ibs = 60
26Ibs = 65
32Ibs = 70
34Ibs = 75
36Ibs =  80
42Ibs = 85
48Ibs = 90
92Ibs = 95

So the above example gives you a insight as to how that all worked, so in short each calibures hp value is increased by 5 for each calaibure so increasing the 20Ibs means you would have to increase all calibures, for naval warfare thats all good and means less gun fall outs but for fighting forts it means problems because right at the end of those calibures is the 92Ibs which the forts use and there hp is already 95.

So to fix this and allow for more realistic value's we have reduced the calibures to be as follows.
Code:
4 Ibs = 30
8Ibs = 35
12Ibs = 40
16Ibs = 45
20Ibs = 50
24Ibs = 55
28Ibs = 60
32Ibs = 65 
36Ibs =  70
42Ibs = 75
48Ibs = 80
92Ibs = 85

So now the 4Ibs have a increased hp value 15, and that value means much less gun fall outs.

Mates i'm having the same problem, but after my guns fall out i cant repair it, the green bars get red forever, even if i repair the ship in the shipyard or if i buy new cannos, is there anyway i can fix it ?? i dont want to stock my black pearl because of this. Please guys help me out! Thanks!

Back