• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My problems with big cities, such as Santiago, Cartagena and an interesting bug in Turks.

I don't have anything planned immediately. The place could do with some more "goto" locators for general use, and possibly a locator in one of the stalls so that an item trader can be placed, but I'm not planning on doing any of that in the near future.

I have added a lot of goto and merchant locators to Santiago center and port. So now it's possible (for someone else) to add more walkers and/or merchants.
Tried to turn the goto:s with variation so people will look in through windows, examine things, just enjoying the view, talking to guards etc etc

Next I thought of smoke but in the first half of Santiago center even the chimneys were missing.
So I had to make a few new types and placed them together with smoke. (all are on for testing)
smoke and chimneys.jpg

Now to the existing chimneys... Then to the port...

Nice one!

I think VCO uses a different scale altogether, so technically the locations are simply too large for the PotC characters.
It doesn't look completely mad, but I think you do kind-of notice on a subconscious level.

I have added a lot of goto and merchant locators to Santiago center and port. So now it's possible (for someone else) to add more walkers and/or merchants.
Tried to turn the goto:s with variation so people will look in through windows, examine things, just enjoying the view, talking to guards etc etc
Thanks!

I was hoping that random walkers would automatically spawn depending on the number of locators. If not, I've no idea how to change the number that show up. (Apart from changing it to 0 by slapping a 'vcskip' on the area, but that's not the sort of change we want here. xD)

There may already be code to make walkers and citizens face each other, and face guards, if they happen to meet. Certainly I've seen them do so, whether it's due to automatic encounter behaviour or mutually facing locators.

Can you upload the new files for Santiago before the next update? Then I can see about putting a street merchant somewhere to finish the job, and then the whole lot goes into the update.

I think VCO uses a different scale altogether, so technically the locations are simply too large for the PotC characters.
Yes about double size. That too makes the towns look empty. So it's important to fill them up with what we can.
I have no idea either how this automatic walker thing works but it seems to generate too few. Maybe 8 - 10 even with the added locators.

Can you upload the new files for Santiago before the next update?
Yes I can do that.

I was hoping that random walkers would automatically spawn depending on the number of locators. If not, I've no idea how to change the number that show up.
I had indeed been hoping for that as well. Quick look through the code didn't yet explain to me how to number of characters is controlled.
It must be handled somehow, but somebody has yet to figure out where and how... :facepalm

There may already be code to make walkers and citizens face each other, and face guards, if they happen to meet. Certainly I've seen them do so, whether it's due to automatic encounter behaviour or mutually facing locators.
I think that has something to do with the AI code.

I have lost the typeface Dolfin something for Loading screens when my old computer was hit by lightening.
Anyone got it?

Nice one!

It doesn't look completely mad, but I think you do kind-of notice on a subconscious level.
Really? :shock
I thought that it was supposed to be so large.

I thought that it was supposed to be so large.
No. In the imported Tortuga for ex I had yo add separate doors about half the size to make it work.
(Windows are harder to tell if they're too large.)

The strange thing is that in some VCO towns the doors are in an ok size for POTC.
VCO1.jpg VCO2.jpg
Pictures from a VCO town ready for import - maybe for the future.

Back