• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My retexture of HMS Constitution

I can't see why not and come to think of it i have seen a Sllop with different textures, the hull on the Sloop had a wave effect ribben around it and when walking the deck the sides was red. I bourght a new Sloop for its speed and could carry a little more cargo and this new Sloop had none of those textures. It had a Pine Effect for the sides and the outer hull was Pine aswell, no wave effect ribben so yes i believe it is possible to have a few different textured ships in COAS which is far better than having lots of ships just for there textures, should help free up resources by doing that aswell. I just sold my Sloop but if i can i will try to get screenshots of them both so you can see what i mean.

Here you go Pieter.

Sloop Texture 1

Sloop Texture 2

I'm sure there is another one, the second one is very similar to my old one in looks but my old one had deep red like on the cannon ports around the sides on the inside and where the rigging fastens to that platform outside the ship i'm sure that was red too, so thats 3 different textures for the Sloop proving you can have more than one texture per ship.:D

Any news on this? It's worth including the Constitution retexture for that weathered look;

If we had a variant on this one without the nameplate on the stern, I'd love to get my little paws on a flush-deck 44 (52 for Constitution) :3. It would be a great companion to the present HMS Surprise type flush deckers.

In WBT, we have nation-specific ship types; suffice to say the American-built frigates would be restricted to French (late period) and American service.

The file was released quite a while ago: http://rapidshare.com/files/288509459/Textures.rar

I have no ability to assign the new texture to the model however...

And I think she still has the American stern decor.

Reassigning textures is easy. Download the HEX Editor, open the main GM file,
between the jibberish find the filename of the texture used and change it to something else.
That's what we did for almost all ship, character and location reskins in the game.

I'll ask ZarethPL about removing the name of the stern on the Constitution.

That would be good yes.

For purposes of historical accuracy it's great to have individually named ships, but it's unrealistic to represent a class of great ships with separate models as it increases your download size dramatically. The US Navy can't attain much influence in our virtual Caribbean with just one frigate.

Should we be able to acquire (and deploy in WBT) the generic American heavy frigate, we should do a similar service for the American Sloop-of-War (USS Enterprise).

For purposes of historical accuracy it's great to have individually named ships, but it's unrealistic to represent a class of great ships with separate models as it increases your download size dramatically. The US Navy can't attain much influence in our virtual Caribbean with just one frigate.
Very true. As far as I'm concerned, ships with a textured or modeled name on them can only really be used as quest-ships.
Which means that the USS Constitution, USS Enterprise and War Pinnace (HMS Indefatigable) should be made unencounterable.
However, those US ships aren't even actually USED in any quests, because the US aren't actually used in any stories yet.
So that makes those ships fairly useless, which is a tremendous loss, considering how beautifully they're modeled.

Should we be able to acquire (and deploy in WBT) the generic American heavy frigate, we should do a similar service for the American Sloop-of-War (USS Enterprise).
The Enterprise seems to have her name textured on the stern and not modeled,
which means she could easily be reskinned without name. :yes

And what about HMS Bounty? Again a wonderful model, but she does have her name modeled on the stern and,
as such, should be a quest/story-ship. We do have a name-less version (Edinburg),
but still it means we can't reasomably use the Bounty in the game at all. :facepalm

This ship is working nicely in PotC now; WITHOUT name and US stern decoration even, thanks to ZarethPL.

Still working on the nameless US version; she's missing her US stern decoration at the moment now as well.

That looks fantastic! If we had a red version we could use that for the Acheron.

In WBT the single deck flush frigates do have a (rather major) advantage over the heavier two deck ones.. but shh thats a secret.

This might come 6 months late but KroKoDyl should be credited for his role in spawning a whole new field of interest in 18-19th century frigate variants
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/news/new-horizons-build-14-goes-beta/#1078581

The Download link is not working for me, it says

"This file has been removed from the server, because the file has not been accessed in a long time."

I personally have no problem with the re-texture but please do not call her the HMS Constitution. That is a bit disrespectful to those sailors of the US Navy like myself and she being the Icon of the US Naval struggles at our beginning, she is very Historic, symbolic and treasured. Thanks mates. :cheers

Yes :keith
I'm not american and i'm not english but i think you're right...
Have you see the intro movie of napoleon total war?

If you can watch it... There are a surprise, not the ship, a real surprise, at the end...

Here's the Nepoleon Total War Intro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgfiHfs38E&feature=fvsr

I like Rome Total War more though.

Back