• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My ship says it can mount 16lb but doesnt?

Cappin Winky

Landlubber
I used to play Sea Dogs back in the day, so you could say I was STOKED to see Akella put out more titles. I haven't had many issues yet except for this one:

I bought a Schooner called "Queen Anne's Revenge" :), that said it could mount twenty 16lb but was currently mounted with 4lb. I spent a pretty penny on twenty 16lbers, and sold the 4lb.

It will not let me mount the 16lbers on this ship. What am I doing wrong?

I can't remember for sure, but I think some ships can only use either cannons/culverines. Perhaps that's why they won't mount onto the ship.

Nope, not the case. The interface is screwy, you have to click the cannons and then the Fix All button. If you just click Fix All nothing's going to happen, because the ship still has your previous cannon caliber assigned and since you have none of those anymore nothing is mounted.

Nope, not the case. The interface is screwy, you have to click the cannons and then the Fix All button. If you just click Fix All nothing's going to happen, because the ship still has your previous cannon caliber assigned and since you have none of those anymore nothing is mounted.

I tried that, but it kept mounting the 4lb. so I sold all the 4lb and it wouldn't mount the 16lb at all!

Are you absolutely sure you're not confusing the number of guns your ship can mount with their maximum caliber?

Ah, this sounds familiar.

When on cannons page check what it says in top left conrner of the ship schematics - i reckon in your case it should say 4lb cannons.

Anyway, before clicking that "fix all" button, you got to select 16lb's in that left list, after that you can fit them.

Howmany times I've had the same problem :urgh

Back